Plants Are Struggling

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

qwertylol52

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i have 1 20 gallon tank...and everytime i add in plants, they will turn brown and drop their leaves, making my tank dirty and the plants keep dieing..why is this so? how do i ensure my plants live??

my tank substrate all soil pellets which my LFS also uses and their plants are thriving. I also add in CO2 tablets once every 2 days and flourish excel everytime i do a water change.. but my plants still keep dieing...as for lighting, i use natural lighting as the tank is in my balcony..pls help thanks

When u say natural lightin, wat exactly do ya mean. is there no light at all on ur tank

Do you mean you do not use any artificial forms of lights like bulbs etc... but instead you are using sunlight because your tank is outside?

what is your water temp?
and what plants did you tried?

p.s you probably could go away with some kind of pond plants or cold water if so in that conditions but forget about keeping tropical aquarium ones in temps around 16

so could you please let us know do you have heater and if you are using lights or just "daylight" it might be natural but not enough of it for some plants

if you are struggling with growing them it means that one of conditions for normal grow is missing and they turn brown I suppose its lights or temp

thanks
gzylo

Do you mean you do not use any artificial forms of lights like bulbs etc... but instead you are using sunlight because your tank is outside?

what is your water temp?
and what plants did you tried?

p.s you probably could go away with some kind of pond plants or cold water if so in that conditions but forget about keeping tropical aquarium ones in temps around 16

so could you please let us know do you have heater and if you are using lights or just "daylight" it might be natural but not enough of it for some plants

if you are struggling with growing them it means that one of conditions for normal grow is missing and they turn brown I suppose its lights or temp

thanks
gzylo

i use outisde lighting..my water temp is around 24-26 degress celcius ( i live in the tropics) i do not know the names of the plants..but i am sre they are aquatic ones as they were thriving in my LFS and not in my tank

hi

are the plants in shop using outside lightning too?

if not I would try to boost them with some light

Sorry, we cannot advise without specifics.

We need to know the species of plants, lighting levels, circulation levels (what filter) and the exact fertilisers your using.

Also, how often are you doing water changes and how have you planted them in the substrate?

A picture of the tank and plants would really help here, if possible.

Is it getting direct sunlight? What symptoms are the plants showing?

Too little info so far to advise :).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back