Planting Ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

steve26-2008

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2 foot tank and looking for ideas to plant it. The tank has standard lighting and is bare at the moment as it's currently being cycled. Any help, ideas or pictures would be very much welcomed. :good:

Hi Steve. Congratulations on the new tank.

Have you any idea's what kind of setup you would like? That would help people give advice. You could look in the journal section and have a read of a few topics in there for some inspiration. Are there any plants you like in particular or is it just a general planted tank you are looking for?

Thanks for the reply.

It's just a general planted tank I'm after, I don't want to go into co2. Just some hardy, easy to grow, plants for a beginner.

Thanks for the reply.

It's just a general planted tank I'm after, I don't want to go into co2. Just some hardy, easy to grow, plants for a beginner.

Ok, so your basic easy to look after plants then yeah? Anubias and Java Fern could make up the basis of the tank. There are a few different varieties of each so you aren't limited to just one of each. Also, look into Crytocorynes. There are loads available and adjust to more or less any water conditions. Mosses such as Java, Christmas and Weeping would all be fine for your tank too. Elodea and Cabomba are very fast growing stem plants that are capable of using up excess nutrients should there be any in your tank.

Thank you for you advice I will look into the plants you have mentioned and see what I like.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back