Planting Advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

smudge_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I have unexpectedly been given a larger tank, which was great, water, fish, filter etc. was transferred directly from my old (yet virtually brand new) tank and everything seems to have gone fine. However my last tank was very lightly planted and now that I have this new larger tank- 120l (and it has a thick sand substrate) I intend to add plenty of plants. Anyway I know very little about plants and I was wondering what sort of plants you would recommend and what sort of quantity I would need to properly plant a tank this size.

if your looking for nice and easy plants, that'll grow nicely on their own then you could try amazon swords and java fern for the background both great plants and the swords can grow quite large too :) also you could try out crypts! most species of crypts are easy to care for and look great, crypt wendtii looks great in big bunches too so you could fill quite a lot of space with these :)you could try vallis aswell, it looks great when planted in big thickets, hope i have helped :)

Just as stated above, those are great plants! I have Vallisneria in my tank (not sure which type) and it has been growing about 1/4" a day!! That's from a new shoot though, so I'm sure it will slow down once it gets taller. I've noticed that my Val propogates very fast and very randomly. It will also grow very tall. Great plant!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back