Planted tank suggestions and thoughts

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Which plants looking good for betta tanks, I have 5 gal fluorite substrate tank and a betta, suggestions and thought, how to plant java fern and other plants?

Anything that doesn't get to big.

Java fern and Anubias come to mind.

Anything that doesn't get to big.

Java fern and Anubias come to mind.
Can you plant java fern in fluorite? Ive read somewhere that you cannot planted in fluorite or any substrate.

Java fern should be attached to decor. It has what looks like a thick root but this is a rhizome and will rot if buried. The actual roots are thin and hair like.

Can you plant java fern in fluorite? Ive read somewhere that you cannot planted in fluorite or any substrate.

It is best attached to a rock or wood. You can super glue it to whatever you like. the rhizome will rot if it is covered by gravel. Same for Anubias.

It is best attached to a rock or wood. You can super glue it to whatever you like. the rhizome will rot if it is covered by gravel. Same for Anubias.
Are super glue safe for fish?

Superglue made from cyanoacrylate is fish safe once it's dry.

A555C302-2DCC-47AF-B609-BAE85D663ED3.jpeg
I have anubias nana in my 5 gallon betta tank. They grow smaller than regular anubias. I even have some attached to the tall stemware wineglass using string where the beta likes to relax in. Anubias are slow growing large leafed plants that only need low lighting. I fertilize just a bit with seachem flourish comprehensive.

Which plants looking good for betta tanks, I have 5 gal fluorite substrate tank and a betta, suggestions and thought, how to plant java fern and other plants?

Hey! you will need to attach the java fern plant to a hard surface like driftwood or rock. You can use a rubber band, super glue, or thread to attach the plant to the driftwood. Here are some useful articles that can help:

Java Fern Care

How To Plant Java Fern?

Cheers!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back