Video Planted Haven

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hello stranger :), your tank is looking great. Did not realise it was that big.

Hello Gill, how are you doing?

Yup there it is. I thought it was similar volume to your large tank (the one your wife knocked if i remeber correctly?)only different dimensions. thinking of going larger but might have to strengthen the floor. :D

I am Fine Sanj, you been to rob's latelt so much new stuff and his beardies are so tame. Spent an afternoon playing with them in the shop a while ago.

TBH I am suprised you never bought my tank when The wife made me get rid off it.

The Local Vet nr me breeds rainbows and other rarer tropical fish. I think he is still downsizing his tanks, want his details.

Looks great. Do you use any CO2, liquid carb or equivalent?

Also, what lighting level do you have (WPG) and ferts do you dose? I am having a couple of little alage issues, not big ones, but a little. Do you have any shrimps or SAE?

Squid

I am Fine Sanj, you been to rob's latelt so much new stuff and his beardies are so tame. Spent an afternoon playing with them in the shop a while ago.

TBH I am suprised you never bought my tank when The wife made me get rid off it.

The Local Vet nr me breeds rainbows and other rarer tropical fish. I think he is still downsizing his tanks, want his details.

Hi, is he selling a big tank Gill? Although im currenlty looking at Acrylic because glass at these sizes is crazy weight to lift. Interesting that he breeds rainbows, but i would have to upgrade to have anymore.

Looks great. Do you use any CO2, liquid carb or equivalent?

Also, what lighting level do you have (WPG) and ferts do you dose? I am having a couple of little alage issues, not big ones, but a little. Do you have any shrimps or SAE?

Squid

Hi Squid,

I use two 5kg co2 canisters and the c02 is fed into the aqaurium via 2x tetra tec 1200 external filters. I have four external filters in total giving about 6400litres/hr turnover aswell as a powerhead. The idea is to give a high turnover of water. I dose with KNO3 and KH2PO4 as well as trace elements. I just calculate how much in teaspons i need to add and sprinkle directly into the outlet flow of the filters. Lighting is 432w T5 216w on for 8hrs 14.00-22.00 another 216 for 4 hours 18.00-22.00 and 6xAquarays (most from my reef tank) which ihave come on gradually from 13.00 to 23.00 where it gradualy dims off.
WPG does not work with LEDs, but with the T5 is about 2.2, but then it varies throughout the day. Maybe ideally the brightest part would be in the middle of the lighting period, but i am not there to see it then and well plants do adapt.

It could be better, but scapes a;ways evolve and can be improved. Your boesmanis look nice and healthy. :)

Great setup, only wish I had the tank and the know-how too! It's your rainbows that caught my eye with the tank. I love them, and find them a great flash of colour that makes use of the whole tank.

Here are a couple of them. They have got pretty big now.

TEST191.jpg

Keep up the good work,
Squid

Hi, is he selling a big tank Gill? Although im currenlty looking at Acrylic because glass at these sizes is crazy weight to lift. Interesting that he breeds rainbows, but i would have to upgrade to have anymore.

Last time i was round his, he had an empty antique 100ish gallon tank. It is a Tiawanese style, with lots of carving. Very Deep looked about 3 foot deep.

Ah ok, it sounds small for what I am looking for, my current one has a gross vol of 190 UK gallons. But thanks for the consideration.

Great setup, only wish I had the tank and the know-how too! It's your rainbows that caught my eye with the tank. I love them, and find them a great flash of colour that makes use of the whole tank.

Here are a couple of them. They have got pretty big now.

Keep up the good work,
Squid

Those are some big healthy looking lads. I forgot to mention I do have SAEs too 6 of them (C.siamensis) plus a Reticulated Algae Eater (C.reticulata) you can see him in the vid. He is silver and instead of a black stripe he has a black spot just before the tail.

Ah ok, it sounds small for what I am looking for, my current one has a gross vol of 190 UK gallons. But thanks for the consideration.

No Worries, Have you had a Look at the 9 footer for sale over on Aquarist classifieds

9ft x 2.5 x 2.5

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back