Planted Freshwater Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kamdavid

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Wanted to share my newly (month old) planted freshwater aquarium.

Hornwort (multiple stems)
Anubis (1)
and what I think is two onion bulbs? they were just bulbs.. within two weeks reached the top of the tank. and are continuously flowering.

Hornwort growing out of control. I cut it back every week. The Anubis is slowly growing. All planted in fluval Stratum.

Any suggestions? I am looking for other plants to introduce as well. Lights are LED.. haven't looked up the watt yet or anything . Come with an aquarium kit we purchased.

I would like some carpeting plant, or something to attach to the driftwood....

Attachments

• Fishtank.jpg
    Fishtank.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 120
Nice, I like your driftwood centerpiece , lots of live plants :good:
Thanks! Yes I scored on finding that piece. All the others were tiny!

The hornwort I started with 5 stems.. From cuttings I have now made about 20 haha! So the tank is filling in nicely.

Beautiful.. Is that real driftwood or artificial? May I suggest trying a black background on the tank. It would really set off the plants. As one of our members suggested he uses, black construction paper. I used an artists canvas board, cut it to fit, and painted it with tube acrylic paint. You can paint anything you like.

More anubias, you can attach that to the bogwood. As you've discoverd the anubias is slower growing than your other plants.

Beautiful.. Is that real driftwood or artificial? May I suggest trying a black background on the tank. It would really set off the plants. As one of our members suggested he uses, black construction paper. I used an artists canvas board, cut it to fit, and painted it with tube acrylic paint. You can paint anything you like.
Yes it is real driftwood... If you mean its not plastic right? Its real wood. And I like the idea of the black background. I was thinking of doing the same... Funny thing I looked at the local petstore and they only had pictured backgrounds which I didn't want. Ill have to look on amazon or something.

Floating plants!

More anubias, you can attach that to the bogwood. As you've discoverd the anubias is slower growing than your other plants.
Yes the anubias is slower growing. I have noticed that . I have been looking for more but everywhere has been sold out!

Yes the anubias is slower growing. I have noticed that . I have been looking for more but everywhere has been sold out!
Try looking on ebay

I have hornwort in my 55 gallon tank, it is currently floating and my tetra fry are hiding out in it :fish:

What kind of floating plants do you suggest ? And that will affect the light getting to the lower plants , yes? Will it affect my HOB filter?
If you add just a few slow growing ones it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe get a few frogbit plants

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back