Planted cycle

I know I am just saying that if you were to go with a different one be sure it is adjustable as well.

I know I am just saying that if you were to go with a different one be sure it is adjustable as well.
yeah well i think the heater will be okay and they have warranties anyway and the filter is eheim

I have the Eheim Pickup 45 in my 30 cm cube. The media is just sponge, the flow direction can be altered and the flow speed can by turned down. For my tank the only downside is that it is upside down compared to most internals - the impeller is at the bottom and the media at the top. This means that any baby shrimps in my tank which got into the filter would be mashed up by the impeller. Problem solved by removing the net part from an old net and fixing that over the intake slits with an elastic band.

The heater - have you bought the Eheim yet? If you haven't can I suggest you head over to Eheim's website and check the length. They tend to be quite long. https://eheim.com/en_GB/aquatics/technology/aquarium-heaters/ The instructions say they have to be vertical.
I have a visitherm heater in my tank because it's short. But I have an Eheim heater in my main tank, I like them. Get a 50watt heater as smaller ones don't heat the water as well.

I have the Eheim Pickup 45 in my 30 cm cube. The media is just sponge, the flow direction can be altered and the flow speed can by turned down. For my tank the only downside is that it is upside down compared to most internals - the impeller is at the bottom and the media at the top. This means that any baby shrimps in my tank which got into the filter would be mashed up by the impeller. Problem solved by removing the net part from an old net and fixing that over the intake slits with an elastic band.

The heater - have you bought the Eheim yet? If you haven't can I suggest you head over to Eheim's website and check the length. They tend to be quite long. https://eheim.com/en_GB/aquatics/technology/aquarium-heaters/ The instructions say they have to be vertical.
I have a visitherm heater in my tank because it's short. But I have an Eheim heater in my main tank, I like them. Get a 50watt heater as smaller ones don't heat the water as well.
i just had a look and these you can lay onto the side https://eheim.com/de_DE/aquaristik/technik/aquarienheizer/thermocontrol-e/thermocontrol-e-50

I have the larger version of that filter in my main tank and the manual says
Only install the heater in a vertical position
so I assumed it couldn't be placed diagonally or horizontally like some heaters.

I did have the 50 w Eheim thermocontrol, not the thermocontrol e, in the shrimp tank till it broke. It just fit in mine but it reached from the bottom of the tank and touched the lid. If you measure your tank carefully from the top of the substrate to the underside of the lid, you may find it fits yuor tank. I just didn't want you to buy it and then find it was too tall. Better to find out if it'll fit first.

I have always laid heater/thermostats horizontally. Has anyone every done this and had a problem. I know some manufacturers say to put them in the tank vertically. I have always thought doing that the hot water just travels up triggering the thermostat.

Yes, that can happen. But if the heater is placed in front of the filter outflow, it swooshes the heated water round the tank. The instructions of the Eheim thermocontrol e do also say
..... place the heater in an area with a strong flow.

I've used other brand heaters diagonally with no problem but this is the first one where the manual says it must be vertical.

I have the larger version of that filter in my main tank and the manual says

so I assumed it couldn't be placed diagonally or horizontally like some heaters.

I did have the 50 w Eheim thermocontrol, not the thermocontrol e, in the shrimp tank till it broke. It just fit in mine but it reached from the bottom of the tank and touched the lid. If you measure your tank carefully from the top of the substrate to the underside of the lid, you may find it fits yuor tank. I just didn't want you to buy it and then find it was too tall. Better to find out if it'll fit first.
Tysm that’s so sweet. I will be able to get it at a slight turned angle so I will have a measure where I’d want it but it should fit

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back