Planted Betta tank help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

kateh

Reaction score
Hi there, Iā€™ve been wanting to start a planted betta tank for ages, and when I finnaly did, after some research, it didnā€™t exactly go as planned. I bought a well recommended fluval stratum for the plants, and was hoping it all to go well, but unfortunately after adding the betta, the plants slowly started deteriorating. Since then Iā€™ve replaced all of them multiple times and they all seem to die off, not to mention it never looks as neat as Iā€™d hoped. Hereā€™s the tank as of a few days ago, I really want to learn how to maintain a planted tank, thank you!

Attachments

• 62C74082-67EF-457E-BAB2-EA286B2CF3E6.jpeg
    62C74082-67EF-457E-BAB2-EA286B2CF3E6.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 38
Its not uncommon for plants to die off and then come back... do a water change, get better lights, add some fertilizer. Can I ask what plants you have? Your water parameters? How long has the tank been set up? What lights do you have?

Its not uncommon for plants to die off and then come back... do a water change, get better lights, add some fertilizer. Can I ask what plants you have? Your water parameters? How long has the tank been set up? What lights do you have?
Yep yep, also if that's anubias or java fern make sure not to bury the rhizome in the substrate or else it will rot

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back