Planted 52

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It's seen better days! Nerite eggs and MTS everywhere. Some floating red plant I haven't been bothered to plant.. red cherry shrimps have seemed to make a reappearance though. I don't think the kribs are interested in them anymore

View attachment 144586
Welcome back dude :good: hope your well :)

Nice tank, some nice plant growth as is usual from you mbsqw1d ;)

Just a quick question, slightly off topic but your tank looks like its inset a brick fireplace / nook (in post #170)

How do you get your hands and arms inside the tank to do the usual maintenance on the tank?
Is it accessible from the other side of that brick wall or something like that?

Sorry its slightly off topic but still.......
It does look like a slim gap from the front, I'm a bit skinny, and I can get one arm in and reach to the back side and bottom of the tank, so I've been okay with planting and general maintenance. The only issue I have is with hardscape. I must choose wood/stone that can fit through the gap! In hindsight i wouldve made the stand an inch or two shorter

It does look like a slim gap from the front, I'm a bit skinny, and I can get one arm in and reach to the back side and bottom of the tank, so I've been okay with planting and general maintenance. The only issue I have is with hardscape. I must choose wood/stone that can fit through the gap! In hindsight i wouldve made the stand an inch or two shorter

Ner-ner-ner-ner-ner. :D

IMG-20210905-WA0000.jpg

I’m sorry, earlier I thought post was directed to me and replied. It’s simple to misconstrue when I’m not much paying attention & see the question in my email box.

I’m sorry, earlier I thought post was directed to me and replied. It’s simple to misconstrue when I’m not much paying attention & see the question in my email box.
It's all good. It's a forum after all 😊

Well it's been a while. This tank has had very little TLC for the last 6 months, so I treated it to some this evening. What you do get from leaving a planted tank is lots of plants!

Before..
Screenshot_20220304_201331.jpg

After

IMG_20220304_192411.jpg

Plenty of Brazilian Pennywort which I've pushed into the substrate. The amazon has since spawned 3 babies.. not sure whether to chop these off and plant them somewhere?

Fish wise.. the kribs are no more. I don't think the otto is either. So now there's 23 ish corydora, 5 penguin tetra, 5 black phantoms, 1 clown pleco and many many red cherry shrimp (oh and a horde of snails).

Wondering what to stick in this.. the penguin tetra are pretty cool, perhaps up their numbers to around 20, so an extra 15. The black phantoms have been dying off one by one, bad genetics? Or not hardy enough for my lazy maintenance regime. Corys are going strong, 23 in all, 12 from the shop and 11 bred in the tank.

I was looking up gymnogeophagus the other day as they're happier in slightly cooler waters like the peppered corys are. But I don't know a thing about them, can you have a few of them or will they fight? If they form mating pairs will they become aggressive to the corys?

Wondering what to stick in this.. the penguin tetra are pretty cool, perhaps up their numbers to around 20, so an extra 15. The black phantoms have been dying off one by one, bad genetics? Or not hardy enough for my lazy maintenance regime. Corys are going strong, 23 in all, 12 from the shop and 11 bred in the tank.

I was looking up gymnogeophagus the other day as they're happier in slightly cooler waters like the peppered corys are. But I don't know a thing about them, can you have a few of them or will they fight? If they form mating pairs will they become aggressive to the corys?
Looking great. I’d be careful of the gymnogeos as it’s not just cooler water they need. They need a cooling season in winter and without it they die very quick. Maybe a guianacara species could be a good option? Quite rare but there are some great species out there and quite an unusual cichlid.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back