Plant Swop Thread Feedback

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sam, i did notice that both lots that came from you had leaked in the post, causing RM to put a : Sorry but your parcel has been damaged sticker on them. It woud be better if they had a hard casing on them...but of course it becomes more expensive.
:lol: I throw away strands of healthy hornwort each week too ! It's almost a pest.

But I've received some plants before from someone else, and though it was extremely well packaged - double zip lock bags sealed with strong packing tape around the seals - it still leaked too ! Even though it had almost no liquid anyway. But that also cause RM to delay delivery by a few days. The only way to prevent that really is by hard casing I agree.

I've sent some vallis out. Not sure how it went as I haven't had any feedback yet. Lots of interest too!

WK

I have noticed that there is already one off topic post in the thread though.

Waterloo!!! was it me who you sent the vall to???? I deleted pm`s, it arrived and i forgot who to thank!

It was fantastic, great condition and doing well!

Thanks buddy and sorry!

Chris

Sam, i did notice that both lots that came from you had leaked in the post, causing RM to put a : Sorry but your parcel has been damaged sticker on them. It woud be better if they had a hard casing on them...but of course it becomes more expensive.
:lol: I throw away strands of healthy hornwort each week too ! It's almost a pest.

But I've received some plants before from someone else, and though it was extremely well packaged - double zip lock bags sealed with strong packing tape around the seals - it still leaked too ! Even though it had almost no liquid anyway. But that also cause RM to delay delivery by a few days. The only way to prevent that really is by hard casing I agree.

he he sorry maytee, that what happens when i bag up plants at 3.30am after a long night of aquascaping. i think the soggy kitchen towel or newspaper wrap idea is better than a splash of water. i'll do that in the future.

thanks for putting so much feedback in here people. i was just trying to get some info to send to george while he's away. i'm sure he'll be rather pleased that it's all going to plan and without this thread he cant tell.

i'll pm him the link in case it vanishes by the time he logs on.

I've sent out 3 or 4 packages and I believe they all got there safe and sound.

On thing I noticed was that all of the interest has been in my xmas moss and dwarf hairgrass, not the more difficult and rare plants, which was a little surprising to me. There don't seem to be a lot of US folks with high light tanks.

Another lesson I did learn: When you post an available plant, make sure you state the conditions under which you'll ship someone plants. Are they for sale? Receiver pays shipping? Completely free? Free for forum regulars? How will they be sent?

A lot of people seem to think that you can just stick some plants in a stamped white envelope. The CHEAPEST, I can possibly ship a small batch of plants is around $2.50, and that doesn't include the hassle of prep and getting it to the post office.

BTW, Sam is your sole mission in life to supply the entire nation of aquarium hobbiests with hornwort! lol :D

and...whats HM short for?

It sure is! hornworks great!

HM means Hemianthus micranthemoides check out tropica if you're interested, in at great plant for any tank but its small size is perfect for my nano

Sam

Modern Hamlet I believe a lot of the US generation is uneducated or is the younger generation like me who are allowed or can't afford a high light tank. And I think a lot of people are interested in the plants you mentioned because they are hard to find in some places in the US. My petstore keeps telling me they can't get java moss and java fern because it's never availalble and they don't know what christmas moss is.

I think somebody should make this an unlocked sticky so people can read everybody who has had good luck with certain people.

Austin

Definately, if shipping overseas didn't put a hole in your pocket, I think we'd all have a huge family of plant traders..if you know what I mean :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back