Plant questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smurfyy_2k3

it's a shame stupidity isn't painfull
Reaction score
My tank recently completed its cycle and my anubias nana appears to just be shedding its leaves, ive began dosing with a fertiliser and theres root tabs in the substrate,l (obviously wont be helping the nana) is there anything I can do to encourage the anubias to spit some new growth out or do I have to wait and see where it ends up now the tank is stable.

20201106_062437.jpg

Here's the tank as it stands with a mishmash of plants I've acquired throughout cycling. Any general tips would be appreciated :)

I'm also curious as to when and if I should be running co2 and if it can effect my stocking levels? I cant find a good resource to guide me in this

They're all looking quite healthy. New Anubias can shed some leaves whilst its acclimatising to new environment. Just keep an eye on it, you should ensure epyphytic plants have their rhizome exposed which it looks like you have.

Given the low plant mass, if/when you do dose liquid ferts, don't use the amount suggested on the bottle, perhaps use a qtr of the dose, as the manufacturer sets the dose for a heavily planted aquarium.

I don't think your plants would benefit from co2 injection as there'll be enough co2 in the water for the amount of plants you have. I would expect you would run into algae issues if you supply additional co2.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back