plant question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well nothing beats hygrophila polysperma which is why it is invasive. I have to trim my polysperma twice a weak. But im sure if you have enough lighting araguaia would grow great because it is pretty easy to grow also.

The only one I can find is shipped through Portugal and the plants probably won't do well through such a long shipment and some reviews said the seller didn't put enough water in the bag to keep the plant healthy

I highly recommend Bucephalandra! I have them the Blue-green Species Specifically. And i really love them. The best part is they have a really bright Blue dot and give your tank a bright shine :X :X

Edited: i got some typo before. :rofl:

Last edited:
I'll probably try to find Araguaia Hygrophila instead. That way it's legal. It does look somewhat similar to Hygrophila Polysperma
It is quite a different plant though - its classed as a medium plant so will likely need Co2 injection to the tank and good lighting. You may get away with good lighting but wont fit the same niche as the Polysperma. Araguaia is more of a mid ground plant and stays quite compact. Maybe Hygrophila Syamensis, Difformis or Corymbosa would be better options? Or an other easy stem plant liks some kind of Bacopa or Rotala?

I find the Tropica site really useful on the left hand side you can filter it by difficulty level (easy means it will grow well without Co2, medium and advanced need Co2 and good lighting) and position. This link is set up for easy background so you can see a range of different stem and tall plants to choose from https://tropica.com/en/plants/search/?mode=search&sew=&dif=Easy&pgr=&ori=&use=Background

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back