plant question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was wanting to get a few more plants for my 29 gallon tank. Any low to medium light plants would work. I have sand with root tablets. So far the plants I have are Bacopa monnieri, , Aponogeton madagascariensis, Lemnaceae, Anubias, Marimos, Amazon sword, Rosette sword, Java moss, Dwarf chain sword, and a few other types. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Thank you. I've been trying to find Vallisneria for a few weeks now but no fish stores around me sell it. Is there any reputable online website I can find Vallisneria?
I will also be looking in to Hygrophila. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have purchased plants on line from https://www.aquariumplantsfactory.com/ and been very pleased with the quality of plants. They also usually have Vallisneria Asiatica which I purchased for my 30 gallon tank. They are based in Fontana CA. so you should consider shipping distances depending on season.
20200627_162447.jpg

Bucephalandra are really nice to be tied to rock or wood - sort of similar to Anubias but really unique and the variety of colours is really amazing, nice greens, reds, blues and even purple varieties are easy to find online.

I really like penny wort type plants like Hydrocotyle and Cardamine - can be planted as a stem plant or they can float, you can wrap the vines around wood or decor too and create a nice effect.

If you wanted any low growing plants Marsellia Hirsuta grows quite readily in low tech set ups and is a nice alternative to micro-swords as a foreground plant.

Cryptocoryne are always worth a look too with a big range in shapes and textures, they do well in low light and if you are using root tabs they will do really well.

Wills

I got some Italian Val today and it looks really nice in the back of my tank. I want to get Hygrophila Polysperma but my LFS doesn't sell it and I can't find it online. Are there any websites that carry this plant and have a low shipping price? Thanks in advance.

Just found out that it is illegal to sell it because it is on the invasive species list but some places sell it illegally. Its a shame it is such a beautifull plant. I collected it myself from a river which is technically not illegal. Ebay sells it though. Mine is even turning red at the top.

Look up your regulations for your state because I know that it is legal to have in texas and it might be were you live too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back