April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gemtrox42

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
20210522_154332.jpg

Amazon sword? ?

Are you sure? I have swords, and they have much slimmer leaves. These leaves are much more broad.
I would agree it is a sword! I think I know what you mean about slimmer leaves, mine are that way too. I heard once that as the plant grows the leaves come in long and narrow. Is that a newer plant? You could also potentially have two different sword varieties

I would agree it is a sword! I think I know what you mean about slimmer leaves, mine are that way too. I heard once that as the plant grows the leaves come in long and narrow. Is that a newer plant? You could also potentially have two different sword varieties
Although I can't remember what it was called exactly, it wasn't labeled as a sword in store. It could possibly be a variety then. Would the care be basically the same between the two?

Although I can't remember what it was called exactly, it wasn't labeled as a sword in store. It could possibly be a variety then. Would the care be basically the same between the two?
Yes, most likely! Swords do really well when they have a root tab!

Yes, most likely! Swords do really well when they have a root tab!
Thanks, I've been giving them root tabs but they all look sickly. I must need to do something else for them too. As you can see in the photo, this one is already well on its way to looking the same.

Thanks, I've been giving them root tabs but they all look sickly. I must need to do something else for them too. As you can see in the photo, this one is already well on its way to looking the same.
Maybe they are adjusting to being underwater? The leaves will fall of, and grow back more prepared for underwater growth. They could also be taking a while to root

There are lots of different species of Echinodorus (sword plants) and the one in the picture is a species of broad leaf Amazon sword plant (Echinodorus bleheri or something else).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back