Plant name?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bobby9ine

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought this plant from a pet shop, wondering what it's called. It has no roots and wondering what the best care for it is as it looks good in my tank.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200919-180600_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200919-180600_Gallery.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
No they didn't. I usually buy from Aquarium Gardens, I never go there because it's just a general pet shop. I picked it while I was shopping with a family member. It wasnt labelled

I don’t recognise that plant tbh.

Perhaps if you can go back to that pet shop and look for the same plant and see what it’s called on label or ask store staff if they know.

It’s not that uncommon for some stores to not know if they’re selling aquatic plants or not, could be a house plant. If so, may die in a week or two.

That happened to me before when I was starting the hobby and realise I had a pot plant that was being sold as aquatic plant, was a dracena plant if remember right.

Never made that mistake again! From then on I always then researched first before buying plants.

I don’t recognise that plant tbh.

Perhaps if you can go back to that pet shop and look for the same plant and see what it’s called on label or ask store staff if they know.

It’s not that uncommon for some stores to not know if they’re selling aquatic plants or not, could be a house plant. If so, may die in a week or two.

That happened to me before when I was starting the hobby and realise I had a pot plant that was being sold as aquatic plant, was a dracena plant if remember right.

Never made that mistake again! From then on I always then researched first before buying plants.
Happened to me too, I bought Fittonia, it looked nice and wasn't labelled. Researched when I got home and it wasn't what I thought. That's why I'm sceptical on getting plants that aren't labelled now. That's why I came here to ask about this one.

Most reactions

Back