Plant Id Please.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So last Wednesday me and my mum went out to a not so local PAH as we were going that way anyway. I don't buy fish from this one as they are pretty bad for fish, plants however I will. And so I got Ā£12 worth of plants. My mum picked this one out and I wasĀ skepticalĀ as to whether it was aquatic or not. Put the stems in a pot of soil to see what they did and they wilted so I put them in my tank and they taken off in growth. They had no roots before and now have huge roots only a week later. They've shot up in size.
So can you ID it? You'll have to excuse the nibbled leaf... Guppies eh? XD
Z3_zpsc01de1b1.jpg

From no roots to these roots in a week.
Z4_zps99cd3ba6.jpg

Ā 
Now this is my other one to ask about. I recognized it as aquatic and so I bought it but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it...
Z1_zpsdc7b291c.jpg

3252870f-7806-49e1-a316-7b1fc22e567a_zpsa94dc054.jpg

well, it looks like you might have a type of bacopa and a type of green wendtii.

floraandfauna said:
well, it looks like you might have a type of bacopa and a type of green wendtii.
Ā 
If you mean Cryptocoryne Wendtii then I know the one that looks non-aquatic isn't one of those because I have one of those in the back lol. The Bacopa looks about right, I'm guessing at Bacopa Caroliniana.

Ps3Steveo said:
Hygrophila Guensis and Bacopa.
Ā 
Thank-You! I think the second one isĀ Bacopa Caroliniana. It's just nice to have a name for the first one :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back