Plant Id From Video.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TetraFin

Reaction score
Hi!

I've found a clip online of a low tech fish tank which I think looks amazing, i'm just having trouble ID'ing the plants so I can utilise them in my tank. Can you help please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKIblVjlzvE&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Many thanks!

theres is:

2 different anubias
mini java fern (or normal) im not sure what type
wisteria/ indian fern

i think thats i can name

There's some Echinodorus in there too (dark green one) and the stems at the back look like Rotala Macrandra.

Anubias barteri var nana I think on the right hand side at the begininig . Had this in my low tech. Very good grower. Little requirements needed.

Cryptocorene Wendtii Green Behind the rock at the begining : Once again, had this in the low tech tank. Really fast grower in terms of root struture. I had 1 foot roots after 2 months!

Echinodorus ozelot green at 0:30 (I think) - Also called Echinodorus Ozelot leopard green. Just purchassed this and placed it in the high tec so cannot comment.

wisteria/ indian fern (as Mike4555 pointed out) : 0:35 Top right. Had this in my low tech tank but died off really quickly. My personal thoughts are it was the sand substrate as this does not allow oxygen down into the roots and this plant didnt appreciate this. :-(

These are just my thoughts though LOL

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back