Plant growth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Br@in

Reaction score
Did some cleaning and re arranging of my aquariums. Since my cycle crashed with that whole bacteria infection fiasco, I took some time to focus on my plants and their care while everything settled back down. My tank is back on track, and Iā€™m fairly sure my plants saved my butt. My 40 gallon got fresh root tabs and a different layout. My 5.5 gal also got some rearranging and baby plants that need growing. Also: Iā€™m not re-stocking my tank for another month or so until Iā€™m sure my cycle will not crash again. Itā€™s got 3 tetras and 2 corys and 4 snails currently. Iā€™m thinking about doing a tank centered around a ram or two ?

check out my before and after pics of my plant growth! Iā€™m finally getting the hang of them.

Attachments

• 676FD0E5-DA51-4F06-9CE6-141710F53186.jpeg
    676FD0E5-DA51-4F06-9CE6-141710F53186.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 772
  • 9E748BA7-57EF-45D7-9491-C42679150F74.jpeg
    9E748BA7-57EF-45D7-9491-C42679150F74.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 56
  • A09702CA-8B5E-4D5D-B62E-7A202F073FBC.jpeg
    A09702CA-8B5E-4D5D-B62E-7A202F073FBC.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 58
Wow it's coming along so great! What type of stone is that multi colored one? It's really cool! Congrats on the successful planting ?

Wow it's coming along so great! What type of stone is that multi colored one? It's really cool! Congrats on the successful planting ?
Thank you! Iā€™m not sure what kind it is actually, I got it from a Petco and they didnā€™t really label them ?. But they usually have tons of wood and rocks and stuff there, unlike my local Petsmart

Ooo. I'll have to check out Petco also. Same here with petsmart, the one here doesn't even have silk plants and the real ones are half dead in plastic tubes?
Thank you! Iā€™m not sure what kind it is actually, I got it from a Petco and they didnā€™t really label them ?. But they usually have tons of wood and rocks and stuff there, unlike my local Petsmart

Ooo. I'll have to check out Petco also. Same here with petsmart, the one here doesn't even have silk plants and the real ones are half dead in plastic tubes?
I loveeeeee Amazon for plant shopping. I get those mystery ten packs, just always read the reviews first. Most sellers are okay, but some are known for their snails and parasites. Iā€™ve not yet had an issue, thankfully ?

how do you keep the algae away? i recently switched to a new light that is better for plants and it made the tank look like an algae wasteland.... i heard some use excel?

how do you keep the algae away? i recently switched to a new light that is better for plants and it made the tank look like an algae wasteland.... i heard some use excel?
I have snails for the algae that they like to eat. I get blue/green algae that they wonā€™t eat. That I just have to manually remove before it becomes a problem. It doesnā€™t really grow that fast honestly, my plants usually take up all the nutrients. The algae sticks to the glass and nothing else, which makes it east to scrape off if the snails donā€™t eat it. Sometimes I let it grow on the back panel because I like the aesthetic. I personally donā€™t add anything to my tank unless I feel itā€™s necessary. I try to make it as self sustained as possible. Before my crash I had enough fish to supply CO2 and nutrients. Only occasionally adding fertilizer and root tabs. I feel like the less I touch everything the better. But algae sometimes you just gotta scrub off and take it out with the water change.

I have snails for the algae that they like to eat. I get blue/green algae that they wonā€™t eat. That I just have to manually remove before it becomes a problem. It doesnā€™t really grow that fast honestly, my plants usually take up all the nutrients. The algae sticks to the glass and nothing else, which makes it east to scrape off if the snails donā€™t eat it. Sometimes I let it grow on the back panel because I like the aesthetic. I personally donā€™t add anything to my tank unless I feel itā€™s necessary. I try to make it as self sustained as possible. Before my crash I had enough fish to supply CO2 and nutrients. Only occasionally adding fertilizer and root tabs. I feel like the less I touch everything the better. But algae sometimes you just gotta scrub off and take it out with the water change.
yep! i guess i need more nerites anyway, my nerite is working her butt off every day... i only have 1 lol, and they like to be in packs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back