Plant for betta tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
i have 5 gallons tank and want tips and tricks or suggestion about plants to put in there/ substrate.

Depending on what plants you use you might want a planted aquarium light

Do you mean. Amazon sword? I personally wouldn’t keep a sword in a 5g, just not enough space. I suggest Anubias, java Fern, And Anacharis. Anacharis is my personal favorite. Very easy to grow. I have it in my 5g betta tank, along with an Anubias plant. :)

I’m not sure they particularly “like” it, that’s just what people say. They also like floating plants and broad leaved plants near the surface.

Java ferns and anubias do well in low light tanks, java ferns can get big but as can sone anubias but one can now find smaller anubias. Java moss work well also in small tanks.

Java ferns and anubias do well in low light tanks, java ferns can get big but as can sone anubias but one can now find smaller anubias. Java moss work well also in small tanks.
Java Ferns need medium to high lighting. I wasn’t able to grow Java Fern in my 5g betta Kit, because the light wasn’t bright enough. My Java Fern is currently in my 29g. (Which has a bright light)

Java moss is another one I didn’t think of. If you have a piece of driftwood wood, just get a clump of it and tie it on with fishing line. (2-5 lb test works best IMO) After a while, it will root to the wood and you won’t see the fishing line.

Bettas are anabantids (gourami etc) and thus live near the surface. Floating plants are mandatory if you want the Betta to be "comfortable." The lower area could be just dark substrate and bits of wood, or with some low-light plants (moss on the wood, Java Fern). The floating plants are the most important here, and Water Sprite is probably the best. Others are Water Lettuce, Frogbit, and some stem plants left floating work well.

Java Ferns need medium to high lighting. I wasn’t able to grow Java Fern in my 5g betta Kit, because the light wasn’t bright enough. My Java Fern is currently in my 29g. (Which has a bright light)

Java moss is another one I didn’t think of. If you have a piece of driftwood wood, just get a clump of it and tie it on with fishing line. (2-5 lb test works best IMO) After a while, it will root to the wood and you won’t see the fishing line.
Ive grown java fern in a 20 gallon tank with a 20 watt bulb. Theyre easy to grow as long as the water is a bit harder, they need calcium.

In a rating of, “Low, medium, high”, it is a Medium plant. You can’t just grow it with a cheap LED kit light.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back