Plant Fertiliser

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dy84

Reaction score
Hi

got a little problem....i have recently set up my tank and a few of my plants seem to be dying. They have turned brown. I have used the ferropol liquid fertiliser, and do not know how many times im meant to add it. I thought u add it when u have water changes, is this correct? or do i add it once a week?

Also is it ok if the fish swim in the fertiliser as i add it? i have some curious zebras who would follow my hand:p

thanks

The fertiliser is normally added with water changes. Also its OK for fish to swim in it.

The reason your plants are dying maybe due to other reasons such as insufficient light. How big is your tank and how much light (in watts) does it have?

i have 200 litre tank with 80watts its weak but was told its strong enough

btw i only added fish yesturday...maybe it might make a difference?

there could be a whole hoast of reason for your plants dying.. There are some species of plants that i`ve never been able to get to grow well in any of my tanks. plants also need nitrated (produced by your fish) to grow and so if you`ve only just added fish then your plants wouldn`t have been getting nitrates.

just keep trying mate, i would suggest getting some amazon swords or java fern as they are
VERY easy to look after, atleast untill you find your green fingers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back