Plant care question.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
plant.jpg
Hi i am about to do my weekly water change and i noticed one of my plants (sorry i dont know the name) has grown and reached the water level at top and the leaves are turning slightly do i need to do anything about this or just leave it? I have had the plants in tank about 6 months before that it was an artifical tank.

You can trim it back if you like. Use a sharp pr of scissors and cut the stem about 6 inches long. Make the cut about 10mm below a leaf node (where the leaves come out of the stem). Remove any leaves on the bottom inch of the stem and then carefully plant it in the gravel. It will grow into a new plant. :)

Pretty much, but I would have removed the bottom set of leaves but don't worry about that now. Just leave it where it is and in a few weeks it should have roots and will start growing up. :)

Happy days. Will the leaves at the bottom rot tho?

maybe. Some plants do and some don't. If the plant has been grown underwater then the leaves should be ok. If the plant was grown out of water and put in the tank then the leaves would be more inclined to rot. If the do rot they will simply come away from the stem and the rest of the plant should be fine.

I am talking about the stem i just planted

The stem you just planted has been growing under water so should be fine. If the leaves do rot, they will simply come away from the stem but the rest of the plant will be fine. It will be fine, just monitor it and watch it grow :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back