Plant bulb

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thats not gonna be very effective purely due to its design and output.

Have you ever looked into DIY floodlight set up?

But 6500k is good for plants.And with 1600 lumens it will be bright enough to reach the entire tank.Im right now using a 5000k bulb that is 800 lumens and it is working decently.Plus I can't find cheap floodlights.

But 6500k is good for plants.And with 1600 lumens it will be bright enough to reach the entire tank.Im right now using a 5000k bulb that is 800 lumens and it is working decently.Plus I can't find cheap floodlights.

I just ment the beam with that light is more fitting for a room,You'd be far better with a spotlight/floodlight if you wanna do the cheap.

50W floodlight is going to produce way more light than that bulb at half the wattage. But if your mind is set on that bulb then go for it, Donno if it works unless you try it :)

Thats true.I live at home and my budget for lighting in this tank right now is 12$ so thats why I can't do floodlights unless it is cheap.

It says its unavaible in stores though.Is it ok to overlamp some?Just incase they don't got low wattage ones.

It says its unavaible in stores though.Is it ok to overlamp some?Just incase they don't got low wattage ones.

On the link I posted, which is to the Home Depot in the USA, it says it is available in stores. Anyway, I suppose the original one you linked would work. I have two 9w which equals two 40w for 80w total, over my 10g and 20g. Algae isn't too bad with this.

Update:I got a 13 watt bulb that says it is 6500k and 860 lumens?Sound good?They are supposed to give off a bluer light than 5000k right?Also do you think it would be to much heat for a plastic hood to handle if you put one of these in a hood with a reflector that the bulb is touching?Or would the heat intesify from the reflector and melt the plastic?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back