River stream 53g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I know and that's why I keep getting tempted. I happen to think the balance is quite good in my tank but its a good job I don't believe the inch per gallon rule because I am pretty close to an inch per litre :angel:

Your tank is looking great. I really like the floating leaves.
Thank you, i wasnt sure on them at first when putting them in but when i finished and sat back they really stood out.

Even the Wife noticed and loved them so they must look alright lol

I know and that's why I keep getting tempted. I happen to think the balance is quite good in my tank but its a good job I don't believe the inch per gallon rule because I am pretty close to an inch per litre :angel:
I think they would look great in your tanks and at the end of the day whats another tank ay! :hey:

The leaves will sink to the substrate in a couple days, which I assume is where you want them anyway. They can float but only when there are floating plants to basically hold them up.

That is really lovely. Your Lotus has some floating leaves now. Light looks good too, I assume it is LED...I went through this thread but didn't see it mentioned, which unit is it? I'd like to keep it in mind for the next time one of my T8 gives out.

The floating plants are only artificial maple leaves. Im using these to cover the spray bar from view and to give a bit more security for the fish.

Lotus is growing really well, ive got 4 leaves floating now :)

Believe it or not my lighting is good old T8's. Ive just replaced the ballast's and starters so they should last a good while longer now.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Im in the process of cycling my 220 litre tank and i must say this periods one of the most enjoyable times of the hobby for me. All the planning and reseaching of the fish you would like and the tank design etc. So much choice with everything it can be hard to pick sometimes.

Ive done my hard scape and started a fishless cycle, order most my plants and some driftwood tonight. Need a new background because ive managed to get the blue one off i didnt like. Its 2:30am here in the UK and im up planning fish tanks lol (awful at sleep:zz)

Just got to lock down my stocking after ive planted and wait for the cycle to finish. I was thinking a barb tank when i started because i love Odessa's but i keep looking at Pearl Gourami's also. Ill have to decide which one then build the tank stocking around them.

Early days yet but i cant wait to get some plants and driftwood in. :#
View attachment 94896
Just curious. Did you seed it with old filter media? I got mine cycled in 4 days that way.

I not sure on bottom dwellers for this tank yet but i was looking into them the other night. Only question marks i had with the Kuhli's was if id see them enough. Very cool unique little fish tho.
I had 10 khulis in a 55g and they were amazing little fish they would fly around the tank so fast. They may hide a bit and they are nocturnal but if you have the light on during the evening you will see them flying around the tank. Never had any issues with them, they’re my favourite little fish.

Added to my group of Amano's today and purchased some more zebra danios to QT to go in my 105 litre :fish: (need to get my females dropping some eggs lol)

while i was in store id noticed some new Urban tanks they had in :wub: largest was 230 litres but they said they can probably get them in bigger for me.

Not sure whether to upgrade my fluval Roma or keep it and get a larger urban tank to venture into cichlids :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back