River stream 53g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nice looking tank, are all the plants live? They look better than mine.
All live apart from the ivy in the corners on back wall. Put these into hide air tubing etc. Must say they do look live and add depth too tho.

Looking good. I've never had any luck with water lettuce in a tank. They grow like mad in my pond for 5 months of the year but never make it indoors.
It is weird how only certain floating plants work in your tanks. Water lettuce is the only floating plant whats took off in my tank (although frogbit was doing well before i shut the big tank down) even water sprite whats meant to grow really well wilted away. Ive purchased a better liquid fert now so hopefully that will aid the water lettuce growth to carry on :)

Not super big no. They grow to about 4-5 inches so i should be able to have a trio in this tank as the main attraction :) not sure on the numbers yet tho. Think a barb tanks still a head in my mind at the moment.

I have 3 Pearl Gourami - I think 2 males and a female but they don't seem to be interested in mating - there was some aggression at first (they came from two different tanks). One is 5", one is 6" and the 3rd one (female) is 8". They are beautiful fish but they are so laid back you almost don't notice them even as big as they are. They appear unbothered by any fast swimming fish like my dojo loaches because they are the biggest fish in the tank nothing much upsets or stresses them.. A very sturdy species. I've got them mixed with some neo tetra's which probably hide their simple beauty but I love this tank the best because it's the most colorful and most peaceful. The dojo loaches are the loves of my life.

I have 3 Pearl Gourami - I think 2 males and a female but they don't seem to be interested in mating - there was some aggression at first (they came from two different tanks). One is 5", one is 6" and the 3rd one (female) is 8". They are beautiful fish but they are so laid back you almost don't notice them even as big as they are. They appear unbothered by any fast swimming fish like my dojo loaches because they are the biggest fish in the tank nothing much upsets or stresses them.. A very sturdy species. I've got them mixed with some neo tetra's which probably hide their simple beauty but I love this tank the best because it's the most colorful and most peaceful. The dojo loaches are the loves of my life.
Thats some pretty big Pearl gourami's you have there Jan. 8" wow! They are beautiful fish tho. Your tank sounds lovely :)

Yes indeed @Russjw , the planning is so much fun. I am going to set up two new tanks next month. The actual acquisition of said two aquariums is still six weeks off but the acquisition has been green lighted by She Who Must Be Obeyed. I have had three serious contenders come to mind for occupants but a recent discovery on my part has, perhaps, narrowed the field. I found out that a small variety of water lily (Nymphaea rubra ) can be grown in aquariums. I love water lilies so the lily and some cryptocorynes would establish a dream Southeast Asian biotope. Rasbora Heteromorpha, Paradise Fish or maybe even, dare I say it ?, Chocolate Gouramis. The mind boggles. So many fish so little tank space. Yes, the planning is very fun !

Yes indeed @Russjw , the planning is so much fun. I am going to set up two new tanks next month. The actual acquisition of said two aquariums is still six weeks off but the acquisition has been green lighted by She Who Must Be Obeyed. I have had three serious contenders come to mind for occupants but a recent discovery on my part has, perhaps, narrowed the field. I found out that a small variety of water lily (Nymphaea rubra ) can be grown in aquariums. I love water lilies so the lily and some cryptocorynes would establish a dream Southeast Asian biotope. Rasbora Heteromorpha, Paradise Fish or maybe even, dare I say it ?, Chocolate Gouramis. The mind boggles. So many fish so little tank space. Yes, the planning is very fun !
Wow 2 new tanks ay :) happy planning to you then. The chocolate Gourami tank will be rather special. Not seen them in person. Sounds like you have a good starting point with ideas tho. You will have to keep us all informed how you get on :good:

the planning is so much fun. I am going to set up two new tanks next month. The actual acquisition of said two aquariums is still six weeks off but the acquisition has been green lighted by She Who Must Be Obeyed.
Bah. Lucky you. My father is staying at my place for winter and was fishing for Christmas pressie ideas. I tactfullly suggested a 20G long would be very nice. Sadly SWMBO overheard me and stomped her foot down with a very firm hand. Struggling to see the objection as nobody was asking her to pay or do anything :dunno:

<VBG>

Bah. Lucky you. My father is staying at my place for winter and was fishing for Christmas pressie ideas. I tactfullly suggested a 20G long would be very nice. Sadly SWMBO overheard me and stomped her foot down with a very firm hand. Struggling to see the objection as nobody was asking her to pay or do anything :dunno:

<VBG>
I am in the same boat as you, I have an empty 40 gallon on a stand above my turtle tank in the family room. I had a hermit crab in there that died and it has sat empty. I started talking about doing another freshwater tank and she said maybe next summer after I am done "playing" with the 55 gallon tank.

<VBG>
Nice guys finish last, nobody gets ahead and it's always something. John Lennon said it best. "Life is what happens when you're planning something else".

In February, we will run a Fish of the Month contest where you can enter any species. I hope you will enter the contest with your Odessa fish!

Hi Fish family,

Added some new additions to the 200 and 105 today :):):)

Rosy barbs for the 200 (upped Panda cory group in 105)
20191208_181447.jpg
20191208_221703.jpg
20191208_221633.jpg
20191208_221829.jpg

Intension was to get a group of Black Ruby Barbs today but unfortunately there was only 2 females instock so i couldnt get the right male to female ratio.

Luckily in the next tank they had some Rosy Barbs fresh out of QT and they were absolutely stunning!!! Was going to add these after the Rubys but im not disappointed. I first saw these in QT last month and they was a nice colour then but just over 3 and a half weeks later their colours are beautiful :wub:.

Happy schooling away with my Odessa 's tonight :fish:
Going to leave this tank to settle for over christmas then possible add a good group of Black Rubys when i upgrade to a bigger tank.

Got a problem with my light unit to sort now. Got some ballasts arriving tomorrow so hopefully have both blubs back on very soon :#

Attachments

• 20191208_220726_001.jpg
    20191208_220726_001.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191208_181920.jpg
    20191208_181920.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20191208_221829.jpg
    20191208_221829.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 20191208_221703.jpg
    20191208_221703.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 85
  • 20191208_221633.jpg
    20191208_221633.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20191208_181447.jpg
    20191208_181447.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Stop it now! I have been told in no uncertain terms I can't have another tank :(

Stop it now! I have been told in no uncertain terms I can't have another tank :(
Get yourself a shed at the bottom of the garden and pretend its a potting shed. Your other half wont venture down to your little man cave then. Build a nice fish room lol ;).

They are very nice looking fish. I just had to replace a starter for one of my lights in my 55 gallon tank.

They are very nice looking fish. I just had to replace a starter for one of my lights in my 55 gallon tank.
:good:Yeah i tried new starters but unfortuntely it didnt fix the problem for me. Think the new ballasts will sort it tho

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back