River stream 53g

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hiscock says this plant will usually survive for several months fully submersed, so if you want to keep it for the time being, just keep a close eye on it. At any sign of dying, remove it so the water is not fouled. Sometimes these plants manage, sometimes not. Removing it would obviously be absolutely safe, but up to you.
Cheers Byron. Ive took them out earlier today and replaced them with a Cryptocoryne beckettii. Like you say its absolutely safe then. Just wish they would label them in the shops. Something new learned tho :)

Assume you're doing a fishless cycle. If those plants take you are ready for fish.
Think im nearly there. Was going to leave it a few more days then test my water. Struggling with my stocking tho, just cant make my mind up. Was dead set for getting odessa's but ive set the tank up differently to how i planned it orginally. Been looking in to tetra's the past few days
Decisions ay! :dunno:

Last edited:
20191118_193407.jpg

Nearly fish time :):):)

Attachments

• 20191118_193456.jpg
    20191118_193456.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 162
That answers the question in the other thread about the crypts. Looking good :good:

That answers the question in the other thread about the crypts. Looking good :good:
Ive had a few leaves go yellow today on my crypt beckettii but overall not bad. First time ive had them tho so not sure if thats the norm. Ive heard they can wilt abit at first

Ive had a few leaves go yellow today on my crypt beckettii but overall not bad. First time ive had them tho so not sure if thats the norm. Ive heard they can wilt abit at first

Cryptocoryne species are generally very sensitive to any environmental change. There are a couple species that seem to be less so, and I cannot remember which they are, but the less you change their environment the better. This includes not only replanting, as here, but changing the tank light [I have known them begin to melt when the light intensity was weakening, and also when the light was replaced with an obviously brighter tube], sudden changes in pH or GH or temperature, use of chemicals/additives, and anything similar. Remove the yellow leaves or any that melt but do not disturb the roots at all. They usually recover from any of these environmental changes, but not if they are continual.

Changed my gravel substrate over to play sand in my 105 litre yesterday so all my tanks now have sand. Big job really but pleased with the out come. Luckily Water param's have stayed balanced and now its easier for maintance, looks better and even tho my gravel was very fine im sure the Cories will appreciate it more.

Was hoping to up my panda group today but sadly they were out of stock.

I did get however some new additions for the 200...
20191124_194339.jpg

20191124_182238.jpg
20191124_181441.jpg

Attachments

• 20191124_181809.jpg
    20191124_181809.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Female Odessa's are lovely how that shimmer a silverly check pattern but the Colours on the male Odessa's are INSANE!!! Cant take my eyes of them. Just beautiful fish. Wish this site could take larger images..just cant pick up their colour with smaller images
20191125_190539.jpg
20191125_185852.jpg

Happy with tanks progress this week since introducing the Odessa's. They have settled in very nicely and now have some little MTS for company. Next couple of weeks ill be setting up my quarantine ready for a group of Black Ruby Barbs :fish::#

Plants are also growing really well, Hornwort, crypt and lotus plant are all coming to life and im really pleased with the water lettuces growth. Not had much luck with floating plants but fingers crossed this time they are doing great :yahoo:
Two weeks ago
20191112_201536.jpg
Tonight (now fully across width of tank)
20191129_205635.jpg

Looking good. I've never had any luck with water lettuce in a tank. They grow like mad in my pond for 5 months of the year but never make it indoors.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back