planning on starting a sorority in my 55 gallon tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dhjaksu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ignore all the fish currently in the tank as im selling them and getting different ones.

so i have this 55 gallon tank and i have 104 baby bettas that are 2 weeks old. i am planning on turning this tank into a sorority tank with some of the female babies once they are large enough to sex (3-4months?).
more plants will also be added and the current plant mass should double by then. also tank has 120 gallons worth of filtration through 4 sponge filters.

dither fish will be:
10x maculata dwarf rasboras
10x harlequin rasboras
6x panda corys
8x kuhli loaches
10x ember tetra OR 10x glowlight tetra

is that enough dither fish?
with those dither fish how many female bettas should I add? i am able to separate up to 30 of them easily but obviously wouldnt add that many

Attachments

• tank july.jpg
    tank july.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 39
bump is just something you can do to try and get the thread back into circulation if nobody has responded to it. It's normally done a few days after the original post if nobody has answered.

Sometimes people miss the original thread and bumping it can put it back out there for them to see.

You need a couple of hundred gallons to raise these fish
they are in a 60 gallon tank. theres only 100 babies and theres 160 gallons worth of filtration (added another filter). aquadcisor says once all adults i would need to do 64% water change a week. currently doing 30% 2-3 times a week with them being 3 weeks old. once 3-4 months old or when needed i will cup the males and move 15 females to the sorority tank. at that stage the left over females should well and truely be under the max stocking level for the tank and i will do daily 100% water changes for the males until they find new homes and 50% weekly for the girls in both tanks (split between 2x weekly 25% water changes).

so i have thought things through and it should be fine. I also have an aquarium store who is happy to take the majority of the babies over a few weeks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back