Planes, Trains & Automobiles--Scale Modeling

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow ... you've got enough to keep you occupied for years. There are lots of models for sale on ebay . People buy models and then when they see all the parts, they give up before they even start.

Don't worry about finding that powered model. I saw some 1:48 Accurate Miniatures completed models on youtube. The painting required to make them look realistic is beyond my talents. You definitely need an airbrush to do a decent job. I'd like to find another type of model to assemble. Maybe a detailed leggo model. There are loads of leggo models available...not very cheap though for the nicer ones.

nice video here showing a finished Accurate Miniatures B-25. Took him a year to complete.. It's a very detailed model. The paint job he did on it is outstanding. Looks very realistic. Skip the first few minutes.

The building itself is fun. The experience of when you need to paint before the next build step takes time to learn. Destroying a model trying to snake a brush into a cockpit to paint an instrument panel or painting hydraulic lines in a wheel well after the fact and then having a crappy model puts people off. IMHO. There is always so much to learn. The next model always turns out better. I have a Sopwith Camel and a Spad. I'm very eager to try my hand at the rigging. They make a superfine stretchy thread for it. A local model show here had a WWI bomber all rigged out that gave me the spins just looking at it. But, yes, that airbrush really ups your game. Say, been meaning to ask, are some of your cars Matchbox ? I had dozens of those when I was in grade school and junior high. The good English made ones. Gave them away when I got in high school. I truly rue that day.

My small 1/87 models are mainly hot wheels. I have several 1/43 and a few 1/18 models...some by Signature and some by Ertl and a few other makes.

Last edited:
My little nephews love going to their Uncle’s man cave.

I have a 1/24 model of a 1959 Corvette sold by the Franklin mint.
700BEE94-AC25-4DCF-8BF9-801DCD2A37F0.jpeg

D4F48A9B-72C0-4839-BF54-DBFB7882D541.jpeg
No mancave would be complete without a working 1950s refrigerator repurposed as a Coke machine.

Last edited:
Well....I just purchased my next model. It's a mystery treasure box....there is a secret way to open it to reveal the interior storage compartment. No painting required which I prefer. 354 parts to assemble. Will make a nice table top conversation piece.
81Hk3wmk8ML._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I challenge you to build it.

Last edited:
Its just step by step assembly. If you build other models , I’m sure you could do it. And no painting required.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back