Plakat x Plakat Spawn Diary

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elise

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello,

So after the flop of my attempt at breeding, I was going to condition them for weeks. I knew my female was conditioned (she lives off of live bloodworms), but I talked to my friend who owns the male...aparently he has been living off them too! So no conditioning needed!

Then I woke up to a small bubblenest even with no other betta anywhere near the tank, so I decided to put the female in the vase in the tank. WOW, there was immediate "I Love You" dancing and breeding stripes. I had to laugh because Twinkie (the female) was all stress striped and it took less than one whole minute for her to "love"-bar up!!

And now, the male whose name is Aramos. (He is a 3 musketeer and she's a Twinkie... :look: They are going to have candy-kids! :p ). Anyway, he's dancing next to her and then flying off to bubblenest!!!! I bet you anything that tomorrow I will have a GIANT nest!!!

I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

edit: piccy of the "love-dance" added!

Attachments

• fishylove.jpg
    fishylove.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 65
wish you luck elise! Cant wait to see pictures and the babies :) hopefully youll put a few up for adoption! hahaha :p but really I wish you luck with the pair!

Oooo ooo, I'm excited too and they're not even my fish! :hyper: :lol:
I wish you the best of luck, can't wait to see those eggy weggs

Took some pics today!! Here they are:

fl1.jpg

fl2.jpg

fl3.jpg

fl4.jpg

tk1.jpg

Oh, they are so cute!! :wub:

They're gorgeous!! :wub:
I'm totally pumped for babies :hyper:

omg look at that sexy beast of a fish :drool:

I think he could be twins with my copper boy! I hope they make thousands of beautiful little coppers :wub:

Every new picture you post...the more I fall for that male...hes beautiful!! :drool:

Surprise! My parents told me that they are taking me up to Nor Cal to the University that I've been looking at. We're going to tour the campus and look for apartment and talk to the transfer office. (I'm at a Junior College now and wanting to transfer next year).

So, with the best interest of my fish in mind, I will be post poning the breeding until I get back.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back