Places for Buying Fish in the UK

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JDFishFanatic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at stocking a 55 gallon tank with some Mbuna or South American Cichlids but I'm not blessed with local fish stores that offer a good selection of fish. Can anyone in the UK recommend websites that sell fish which are also reliable and offer a good selection?

I bought cardinals and pepper corys. They phoned the day before to confirm delivery date and time, before packing the fish and arrived at the time they said they would. Fish were fine but of course you could see they had been shipped. Cardinals had no colour at all but that is expected. All the fish were juveniles. All are thriving now.

My preference is to get them into clean water ASAP without messing about with acclimation so they went straight into my quarantine tubs. That's just my preference not a recommendation :whistle: - do what works for you.

Of a total of 35 fish I lost one cory about 3 weeks after arrival. No signs of disease, he was always smaller and weaker than the rest and hanging around on his own.

As an aside I actually ordered cardinals and sterbai. They were very apologetic about it when I sent photos and refunded the cost of the sterbai and I got to keep the peppers (which I do have anyway).

It's the only time I have got fish online aside from my 15 (ish) year old bristlenose which came from a member on here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back