Pitbull Plecos And Amazon Swords

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DreS

Reaction score
hi, not sure if i should post this in here or on the planted section but here goes. i have 3 lovely little pitbull plecos who are great but they have destoyed all my amzon swords by stripping them away to nothing. i had 6 established swords and 3 days after introducing the pitbulls they have been eaten to practically nothing. now i didnt think they were suposed to eat plants but its definately them. is there anything i can do to stop them in future or is it just a case of finding plants they dont eat?

How often do you feed them? My Amazon swords are pleco holiday food, but they won't touch the swords if they get enough food.

How often do you feed them? My Amazon swords are pleco holiday food, but they won't touch the swords if they get enough food.

hi, ive been feeding them every other morning with algae wafers and the nite in between i put some cucumber in for them which is normally mostly eaten by the next morning.

perhaps its was just a 1 off and they were very hungry the 1st few days in the tank. will get some more swords then and hopefully it doesnt happen again. thanks.

hi, not sure if i should post this in here or on the planted section but here goes. i have 3 lovely little pitbull plecos who are great but they have destoyed all my amzon swords by stripping them away to nothing. i had 6 established swords and 3 days after introducing the pitbulls they have been eaten to practically nothing. now i didnt think they were suposed to eat plants but its definately them. is there anything i can do to stop them in future or is it just a case of finding plants they dont eat?

Are you sure the fishes are LDA25 ? these are sometimes confused with Chaestoma Milesi(Bull dog pleco)
I have a whole passel of LDA25's in planted 80 gallon and while they will eat dead or dying leaves,they seldom bother healthy plant's.
Three of these little fish in my view, would have a hard time eating just one dead or dying sword plant in three days time little lone Six.

My Pitbulls destroyed a lot of my plants too, even though they got loads of cucumber and lettuce.
Got rid of them eventually.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back