Piston pumps

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jimboid

Reaction score
Does any one know if you can still get spares for hyflo pumps. Or any one that still sells that style of piston pump.

Its a really well engineered piston pump that makes a really relaxing noise instead of a buzzzzzzz

If not can anyone recommend a silent diaphram pump as i can't stand the buzzing noise that some make.

thanks

James :blink:

Not sure on the hyflo pumps, but a silent diaphram pump...is there such a thing ?! :crazy: :crazy: ;)

Piston pump? I had a few of them... tack, tack, tack,tack,tack,tack you call that relaxing? LOLOL...

I still got 2 but they are at the shop (fishroom) not sure what name brand though. I can still get parts here localy from a wholesaler who I buy my flake food from.

Where abouts are you?
Maybe I can locate the parts and send them to you if need be. :D I will be at the shop in the morning so I will try and see fi there is still a name present on them. If so and they are they same as yours I got extra/extra spare parts which I will NEVER use being I use a blower now and smalll pumps for back ups. So I will be more than happy to help out a fellow fin and send them to you as long as you are NOT on the other side of the pond. If you are in the states I can send them no problem.
Being they are the same parts or if I can get an exact brand/make on your to locate parts.

good luck, Danny

I believe he would be on the other side of the pond, Danny.

You could still prolly ship the parts, though cost may be a bit pricy.

CM

yea sorry Danny I am indeed in the UK, will update my profile to say UK.

If they are available in the the US, if you could let me know where I can order one online or via mail order, that would be great.

I looked quite extensively on the web and I cant find any reference to the make (Hyflo).

It was made in the uk by Medcalf Bros LTD, Cranborne Road, Herts. I cant find any reference to them anywhere.

ps I prefer ticker ticker ticker to buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:-(

James

here is a picture of the pump in question

hyflo pump picture

hiya james welcome to the forum, :thumbs: just tried your link but it does'nt work , ;) oh see your cheshire uk same as me :D

I can find the make 'Hi-Blow' but not 'Hyflo' :rolleyes: -_-

I love this forum. Ask a question and all try to help.. Gotta love it. :rolleyes: -_- :D :fun:

Fishie fins think and act alike. Still looking myself and left a message for my wholesaler about getting parts. I am still on it.

Danny

I can find a

'HiFlow' :

Hiflow.jpg

'HiBlow' :

HiBlow.jpg

Is it any of them ?

mine are totaly diff. they have two pistons and a motor. It looks almost like and old paddle boat. The arms swimg around and go, tack,tack, tack,tack,tack, all day long. LOLOL good pumps for small to moderate fishrooms. Doesn't do multiple tanks to well though. At least in my case it only ran up to 8 tanks.

The deeper tanks had more of a problem so I got a blower instaed.
Danny

blimley I cant believe the response i am getting here,

here is the the url for the picture of the pump

http://www.groves.fslife.co.uk/hyflo/index.htm

dont know why the link doesnt work it seems to on my machine.

Those ones you have found sticklebackRkool sorry thats not it.

Hopefully you can see the picture to get a better idea of what it looks like.

James

hyflo.jpg

Wow never seen those b4, I can see how they work tho :) I would imagine they do sound abit better then buzzzzzzz yes lol

What exactly is wrong with the one u got ?

The link still doesnt work, but the picture loads up :thumbs: :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back