Piranha Keepers - What Diet Do You Feed?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I've only had my red belly toddlers a couple of weeks and they are feeding very well on prawn and lancefish... but I want to give them a varied diet woth everythin they need

what else do you feed yours?

I've only had my red belly toddlers a couple of weeks and they are feeding very well on prawn and lancefish... but I want to give them a varied diet woth everythin they need

what else do you feed yours?

Hi

i feed my 4 reds, pollock,raw prawn,squid and beefheart.

only use the beefheart occasionally as they cannot digest it as well and they get fat,squid is pretty cheap in supermarkets nowdays.

I do krill, prawns, silversides, and when I have it, squid. You can also enrich food with supplements if you wish to.

2x on the beefheart only occasionally. It's mammalian meat/fat rather than fish, which their digestive systems weren't designed for.

cheers for that
they go mad for the lancefish and leave a skull with stripped spine, very amusing as they are only little tiddlers for moment

sounds cool with the skull and spine

you should catch the skelaton annd put it in baking soda in a sealed tub for a few months it would be pretty cool

I love the red belly's, I kept them years ago but have to admit, it did not go to well, thier favourite food seemed to be each other. Got any pic's, would love to see them :good:

I;m enjoying their tank and their bullish behaviour when they don;t notice me looking

they;re too small for pics with my camera phone at the moment, I;ll borrow a decent digi camera and see if i can get any decent pics

are live mussles good? just there very cheap per kg and can buy as many or little as i need or is that a possible route for introduction of a disease, also are cockles or mussles cooked and in a jar filled with water brought from a supermarket any good?

mine eat frozen mussels they were very messy though

I didn;t keep the red bellies that long they were dirty and required lots of manintenance and not that interesting to keep :good:

i didnt know you had red bellys mate......

didnt you get rid of some not long ago?

ive always fancied a group of them they look stunning :drool:

the threads from when he had them :good:

he he I don;t suppose I answerd the question that well someone has recently resurected my old piranha threads

I don;t think I;d keep them again unless I had a load of tanks and one spare

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back