FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gurpreet._._

Reaction score
(Dont mind my bad English)

I have 7 Rosy barbs in my 40gal tank who are 1.5 - 2.5 inches in sizes. They were living with a gourami(3 spot). The gourami have grown way too big so I've given her back to the fish store. I saw there some beautiful pink zebra danios and was very tempted to buy those but the thing stopping me was that those were very tiny, half a inch and a few of 1 inch. I want them and have to buy them fast beforethey are gone. But I am not sure if those small danios would be fine with those big Rosy Barbs. I am scared of them being eaten.

Also mentioning that my rosy barbs are living in 26°C even though google says they live in 20°C. This is because they are locally bread and I live in a very warm place so they have kind of adjusted to live this way. They have been growing and thriving with 26°C in my tank for about 6 months and haven't lost a single of them so the temperature shouldn't be a problem.

Please suggest if getting those small danios would be fine or not with those big rosy barbs.( I have no extra tanks to get them and grow them before adding with rosy barbs :( )

If they'll fit in the barb's mouth, they are easy prey

If they'll fit in the barb's mouth, they are easy prey
Well my barbs mouth are not at all big enough to goble a half inch fish but what I am not sure of is that they maybite those and try to kill them and then feed on them. But they can't gobble them whole for sure.

Well my barbs mouth are not at all big enough to goble a half inch fish but what I am not sure of is that they maybite those and try to kill them and then feed on them. But they can gobble them whole for sure.
I wouldn't risk it, personally...ZD's are fast, but so are barbs

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back