Pink streaks on white female betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My white female betta is showing pink streaks in her tail and a white patch on her belly. This has all developed over the last two weeks. Ammonia and nitrite have been 0 and nitrate is around 5. The tank was cycled before she was put in so sheā€™s never been under stress from ammonia and I use Stress Coat to dechlorinate. Is this indicative of an issue or could it be innocent color changing? Iā€™ve had her for about four months now.

Attachments

• CE5CB120-67A4-4BF3-85C9-03BC81FA73BC.png
    CE5CB120-67A4-4BF3-85C9-03BC81FA73BC.png
    534.3 KB · Views: 43
My white female betta is showing pink streaks in her tail and a white patch on her belly. This has all developed over the last two weeks. Ammonia and nitrite have been 0 and nitrate is around 5. The tank was cycled before she was put in so sheā€™s never been under stress from ammonia and I use Stress Coat to dechlorinate. Is this indicative of an issue or could it be innocent color changing? Iā€™ve had her for about four months now.
i think you should use normal water conditioner. im not sure. whats thaat lump on her butt?

If the stress coat you're using contains aloe vera, I'd ditch it and use a different dechlorinator. Something like prime, for example, is well recommended. As for the change of colour, I belive it is an innocent colour change and nothing to worry about. It's when the colour drains out of a fish that is more worrying :)

i think you should use normal water conditioner. im not sure. whats thaat lump on her butt?
Thereā€™s a white patch on her underside that has been there for about a month now. Itā€™s flat, but Iā€™m not sure what it is

Thereā€™s a white patch on her underside that has been there for about a month now. Itā€™s flat, but Iā€™m not sure what it is
If you could try and get a good picture of it I'm sure there's a member here who could identify it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back