Pimafix

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bluephoenix4462

Reaction score
Hello, I used pimafix in my tank yesterday....it says safe for snails. About 2 hours later my snails started falling off the sides of the tank and were curling up into their shells. I immediately removed them into a quarantine tank and they are all fine now. Now my question is when will my main tank be safe again for them, I will be doing a water change this weekend but is that enough to rid the pimafix out of the tank for them? Thanks

I usually run several batches of carbon as well as water changes to remove things from the water.

Hello, I used pimafix in my tank yesterday....it says safe for snails. About 2 hours later my snails started falling off the sides of the tank and were curling up into their shells. I immediately removed them into a quarantine tank and they are all fine now. Now my question is when will my main tank be safe again for them, I will be doing a water change this weekend but is that enough to rid the pimafix out of the tank for them? Thanks
Do some really big water changes(50% or more)

do a 75% water change and gravel clean every day for a week and then put the snails back in
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back