FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Belonesox belizanus , sometimes called the Pike topminnow

IMG_5398.JPG

Ooh . . . be still my beating heart .
This fish has the body type and look I like most in fish. That Barracuda , Pike , Tiger Musky look. So cool. This particular fish has a nice color as well.

Last edited:
if it wasn't for this fish to be so difficult in feeding it would most definitely become a very popular fish

yes a very nice looking fish but very predatory they spend most of the time near the surface waiting for food

What makes them difficult to feed ? A predatory top feeder should take insects. Do they take prepared foods at all ?
And how big are these fish ?
they feed on mainly live fish it's very hard to feed them on prepared foods they will eat insects would not be beneficial alone, in the first few weeks of being born they will eat daphnia fruit flies mosquito larvae and many other types of insects it is at the stage when it is best to try and feed them prepared foods so far out of 6 3 of them regularly eat flake food fruit flies cherry shrimps and frozen muscle however I will only feed live fish when necessarily

yes they will probably eat them. as they grow bigger im hoping to get them on crickets and river shrimp
Belonesox belizanus are one of the most fussy eaters of live- bearing fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back