Pictus catfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mosmoove

Reaction score
just wondering can a pictus catfish go with peacock cichlids, I'm worried about the different ph levels.

I would be more concerned over the requirements for the pictus, summarized here:

: Peaceful but it is predatory and as it matures it will eat small fish. Should be kept in a small group of at least 5; single fish may pine away. Tankmates should not include sedate fish like angels, discus, gourami and even cichlids as these will be pestered by the nocturnal habits of this catfish, nor nippy fish like barbs. Medium-sized characins, larger rasbora, rainbowfish are suitable. A 4-foot (120cm) length tank is minimum.

I would be more concerned over the requirements for the pictus, summarized here:

: Peaceful but it is predatory and as it matures it will eat small fish. Should be kept in a small group of at least 5; single fish may pine away. Tankmates should not include sedate fish like angels, discus, gourami and even cichlids as these will be pestered by the nocturnal habits of this catfish, nor nippy fish like barbs. Medium-sized characins, larger rasbora, rainbowfish are suitable. A 4-foot (120cm) length tank is minimum.
Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Back