Pictus Catfish Tank

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Would a 90 gallon 4 foot tank be suitable for a group of pictus catfish? If so, what are some good tankmates to make a peaceful community around them?

My ph is at 7.4 and hardness around 110 ppm. The tank is currently housing a trio of orange chromides, and decorated with rocks, driftwood, and a mix of real and fake plants.

Adult pictus catfish need a tank that is at least 6 foot long because they are social fish that need to be kept in groups of 6 or more, and they grow to about 8-10 inches, and are active swimmers.

Good tank mates include anything big enough not to fit in their mouth. Fish that grow to 3-4 inches long are usually fine.

I think it is time I upgrade my 90 to something bigger! I really like the little rascals, they are super active at the shop.

If you get pictus catfish, ask the shop to use the fine mesh nets because there is less chance of the catfish getting their pectoral spines tangled up.

Would a 90 gallon 4 foot tank be suitable for a group of pictus catfish? If so, what are some good tankmates to make a peaceful community around them?

My ph is at 7.4 and hardness around 110 ppm. The tank is currently housing a trio of orange chromides, and decorated with rocks, driftwood, and a mix of real and fake plants.
I have 5 pictus in a 90 G tank (has a 20 G sump). They are housed with a 6” long catfish & several cichlids. The tank & fish were purchased from an ad on Craigslist. The pics are maybe 4” long, tops. They hang out together behind a large pirate ship that came with the tank. The previous owner, who is quite experienced says they can reach 5”, but thinks this group is on the smaller side & won‘t get any bigger.

Some recent poster here just gave me the bright idea to move my infrared wildlife camera to this tank. Sure I’ll observe some nocturnal activity.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back