The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

pica_nuttalli

don't be a twit
Reaction score
All topics posted just to show off your pretty fish belong in the Member's Aquariums and Fish Pictures forum. Please use that forum for posting and viewing picture threads in the future.

However, topics which only use pictures to help illustrate a particular question or problem should probably be posted in this forum.

Examples:

"Look how pretty my fish is!" Doesn't belong in this forum

"Does she look bloated?" Ok in this forum

"These are pictures of my fish breeding." Doesn't belong in this forum

"What is my fish doing?" Ok in this forum

"Isn't this fish cool?" Doesn't belong in this forum

"Is he biting his fins?" Ok in this forum

"Which fish is prettiest?" Doesn't belong in this forum

"Which fish should I breed together?" Ok in this forum

Please note the pattern. Topics which are intended to show off pictures should be posted in the Member's Aquariums and Fish Pictures forum. Topics using pictures to ask a better question are ok for this forum.

Remember: people can tell the difference. ;)

Thank you and have a nice day. :)

Being that you're the first person I've seen complain about what's the problem with ppl posting their pics in here?! Let's be honest, most betta lovers look on this page first, not in the other areas. Therefore, it only makes sense to post them here to get the largest audience. :p After all, we could post them in both places if we felt the need.
P.

hmmm i thought a sub forum was an ok idea but people are still going to post them here

i know i will unless told off by a moderator

Hear, hear. I barely bother with the other forums. I want to see and read about bettas so I look here. The only thing that irks me about the photos on this forum is jealousy! :p

We all get jealous of others betta hon, that's half the fun of it. ;) I've spotted a few I'd love to make off with. It's only unpleasant when people start being nasty or making pointless remarks.
Nothing wrong with sub forums either, but some find it all a bit tricky if they're new to it all.
P.

Yeah, this is a Betta forum (this section is I mean).
So, we're allowed to post piccies of our Bettas. ;)

We all get jealous of others betta hon, that's half the fun of it. ;) I've spotted a few I'd love to make off with. It's only unpleasant when people start being nasty or making pointless remarks.
Nothing wrong with sub forums either, but some find it all a bit tricky if they're new to it all.
P.

The jealousy I refer to is my own! :D

This isn't the first that it's come up, this is part of a discussion that is going on in the board announcements/suggestions page.

All topics posted just to show off your pretty fish belong in the Member's Aquariums and Fish Pictures forum. Please use that forum for posting and viewing picture threads in the future.

However, topics which only use pictures to help illustrate a particular question or problem should probably be posted in this forum.

Examples:

"Look how pretty my fish is!" Doesn't belong in this forum

"Does she look bloated?" Ok in this forum

"These are pictures of my fish breeding." Doesn't belong in this forum

"What is my fish doing?" Ok in this forum

"Isn't this fish cool?" Doesn't belong in this forum

"Is he biting his fins?" Ok in this forum

"Which fish is prettiest?" Doesn't belong in this forum

"Which fish should I breed together?" Ok in this forum

Please note the pattern. Topics which are intended to show off pictures should be posted in the Member's Aquariums and Fish Pictures forum. Topics using pictures to ask a better question are ok for this forum.

Remember: people can tell the difference. ;)

Thank you and have a nice day. :)
why add this to this section when youve already put your say into the OPs thread (afishdude), wouldve rather heard it from him than you, since you havent got the reply of members agreeing 100% with your opinion doesnt mean that you should drag it here for the same reason, if your looking for people to agree and bow at your command then go somewhere else, since someone said above and i will agree with the statement, "your not a mod " and by your forum stats you spend most of your time in tropical chat anyhow and having over 3000 on your post count doesnt make you better than anyone else on here, so whats your problem, if you dont like it in the bettas section, simple stay in the tropical chat.

I realize that your post was ended with "have a nice day and thank you, but why add this to the end when your just trying to order people around and using the HAVE A NICE DAY to mask what your really mean. sorry but i speak as i see it.

Actually, I personally requested the ability to upload pictures here in the betta forum and I think it should stay as it is. The "look at my new betta" threads do not exactly take over this forum, and they do help to keep it active. Secondly, the "look at my new betta" threads are not particularly welcomed by the multitude in MAP and I believe that the majority of fishkeepers on TFF would prefer they stay in here. This is, afterall, where you find the "betta crowd" and a lot of the posters in this particular board rarely venture much further around the forum.

So, with that said, the original post sounds as though it is written law, when in fact it is not. I'm not objecting to a sub-forum though. But I have the feeling that will just mean moving threads every single day, which is no big deal, but it's also one of those things that will never end.

*points*
What modaz said.

It's the betta section so people should be able to post their betta pics in here even if it is just to show them off.
Don't like it, don't click on the post. It's pretty obvious most of the time when someone is just wanting to show off their bettas.

I love looking at pictures of other peoples bettas and thats mainly what I come onto the forum for. I always go into the betta forum first and just love flicking through there looking at pics and reading advice. Couldn't imagine actually having to search for pics of those beautiful bettas. I get jealous all the time.
If it aint broke then don't fix it. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back