Pictures of Rams Horn Snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LCnVa

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the egg clutch, of a pair of Marisa cornuarietis, approx. 1 wk old. :wub:

Attachments

• RamsHornSnailEggs.JPG
    RamsHornSnailEggs.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 73
how long does it take them to hatch? I've got 2 and can put them together to make loach food, I just dont want to have a huge snail infestation.

2 wk old babies :wub: :wub: :wub:

Attachments

• Babieswpenny.JPG
    Babieswpenny.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 71
Took these 2 weeks to hatch, in a tank by themselves now, had a guppy in there w/ them & he ate about 10, b4 I caught him...he's since been moved, lol. It took another 2 wks b4 I could get a decent photo of them :lol:

Proud, :D errrrr I mean oblivious :S parents :wub:

Attachments

• ProudParents.JPG
    ProudParents.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 79
those are some nice looking snails, I may just breed mine and when they hatch, move all of the hatchlings to my main tank and let the sharks and loaches eat them. thx for the info

Wetwetwet, the parents are about 2 inches wide by 1 1/2 inches high.

they are lighter in colour to the ones i have seen in the past i recomend putting them in a breeding trap tanked they are my favorite snail.

A breeding trap, hmm not a bad idea. is there anything in particular I need to do to get them feeling Snaily or will they just bat eyes at each other and say "let's go"?

:*) I gave mine a few brine shrimp, a wine pellet, dimmed the lights & let nature take its course :wub: ;) *****J/K about the "wine pellet" don't want the snail police after me :lol: ***** P.S. I had them about a week b4 she laid the eggs.

I always wondered what snail eggs look like !
those are just too cute, and great pics too, if only there was a snail of the month contest :D

ah, back at my desk in miami today and have access to my favorite app (photoshop). I lightened the pic abit so you can really see the eggs now!!!

Attachments

• post_22_1057086302.jpg
    post_22_1057086302.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 66

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back