Pictures Dwarf Gouramis(cobalt) Laying Eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Very nice! Your tank must be very healthy!

I guess so,my two females dwarf gourami spawn almost every week or so. My leopard danios spawn about every two weeks (I've got a few Danio frys that i've just put back in the community tank, they where big enough)and about he same for my neon tetras. i haven't seen my honey gouramis spawn but i'm pretty sure they did. i've got so many floating plants that i can't always see them. LOL In fact i've got so much plants that my Nitrates never go over 10 even if i'm a bit overstocked.

Of course, if i want frys i have to take the eggs out of the community tank. They get eaten pretty quick in there.

I think every one should try raising a few frys, it's a great experience.What a trill it would be for a young kid to take part in this. I just love to see them develop into their parents mini me. So cute, Go ahead try it!

Hee's apicture of the same fry i had took a picture of a few days ago. See how he's grown.
babyg2MAI2007.jpg

And here's my comminity tank, it needs a haircut.
60GALLON2MAI2007.jpg

Im in a similar boat - unexpecting and didnt expect any survivors, now have about 40 fry 5 days old

i also have a heavily planted tank so plenty of nutriants to eat, im water changing daily to keep it up as well as feeding them egg yolk

how long did you feed them on egg yolk before you started on other foods?

Chipie, are you saying you managed to raise neon tetra fry as wells as danios/gouramies etc?

Chipie, are you saying you managed to raise neon tetra fry as wells as danios/gouramies etc?

Hi,
i gave egg yolk until i could find liquid fry food. I gave them egg yolk or liquid fry food for maybe 4 weeks to be safe but i'm sure i could have stopped earlier. I'm now feeding Baby brine(since the first few days) shrimps and powdered fry food.

I haven't tried raising Neon's. They just lay eggs and they get eaten really quick lol. Has for the Leopard Danios, i managed to save a few eggs (community tank) and i have now 5 Danio frys (1 1/4 inch long now) swimming with their parents.

I have a few Dwarf Gouramis frys growing in another tanks right now some are 7 week old and some are 4 weeks old. The older ones have started breathing air last week. Wish me luck.

Good luck! :p

Thanks
Here's a few pictures i took today.

This is one of the Danio Frys
IMG_4074.jpg

This is one of my small dwarf gouramis(3 weeks old) So tiny!
IMG_4130.jpg

This is two of the older dwarf gourami frys (about 7 weeks old)
IMG_4107.jpg

This is another one
IMG_4113.jpg

I'm tempted to try raising some Neons next time they spawn. Well it will depend if i can be fast enough to catch a few eggs before they are eaten by the others.

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. Much appreciated :)

The apple snail tank we have at the LFS is constantly cloudy due to the mass amount of infusoria :rolleyes:

Yes and the boiled egg yolk i just press through a nylon stocking so you get tiny pieces coming out. That worked great.

Thanks for the tip of the stocking! I am about to start to breed my bettas, and just like you I have trouble getting infusoria, so I was thinking of using egg yolk too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back