Pics Update

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Davo86

Cichlids, Catfish and Oddballs
Reaction score
Haven't really posted any pics in what seems to be ages, so heres a few that maybe i haven't shown before?

Chocolate Chameleon
IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

P.Delhezi
IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

Senegal
IMG_0846.jpg

A.coeruleopunctatus
IMG_0873.jpg

Hyper active clowns
IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

More!! More!!

Come on I know you have more fish than that haha :D Wheres your nic :D

Really like the last pic of the clowns and the pic of the Senegal, it looks really wild and natural.

Wills

Lol Thanks, yeah I suppose Nic and "flick"(Gold Sev) are due a photoshoot,

Nice pics ! I love the choc !

Interested in the A.coeruleopunctatus. Looks just like A.pulcher to me. Google is not that informative on the matter. just interested, but what makes you think it's coeruleopunctatus and not pulcher ?

Thanks yeah I couldn't resist the Delhezi, his colours and pattern was so much more impressive than the others in the tank at the time.

With regards to the acara, I did have a webpage bookmarked somewhere that nicely explains this but can't find it atm, but basicly scientists/explorers have discovered that

A.Pulcher can only be found in Trinidad and Venezuela - although these are known to be two different colour variants.
A.latifrons are found in only Colombia
A.coeruleopunctatus, are found throughout Panama into Southern Costa Rica
and lastly A.sp.sapayensis, is found in Ecuador

More info

Mine was wild caught btw

With regards to the acara, I did have a webpage bookmarked somewhere that nicely explains this but can't find it atm, but basicly scientists/explorers have discovered that

A.Pulcher can only be found in Trinidad and Venezuela - although these are known to be two different colour variants.
A.latifrons are found in only Colombia
A.coeruleopunctatus, are found throughout Panama into Southern Costa Rica
and lastly A.sp.sapayensis, is found in Ecuador

More info

Mine was wild caught btw

Cool. Interesting link too.

A lot of the species do look incredibly similar. Looks like one would need to know the catch location and/or heritage of any fish to be sure of the species.
I wonder if there are a number of these Aequidens/Andinocara species floating around in the LFS trade which are not true A.pulcher, or maybe hybrids ?

Yeah there are bound to be, both Hybrids and of course species all collectively being sold as A.Pulcher by importers, breeders and of course LFS employees who are all none the wiser

Great pics Davo, absolutely love the Chocolate, he/she is gorgeous :)

Thanks Guys,

This is why I struggle to get good pics atm,
IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

but at least they apologise
IMG_0998.jpg

And finally

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

And Lastly one for Nelly; the only half decent pic of my reclusive snakehead
IMG_0944.jpg

Seriously love the nic! Few questions though - why do all Nics have red teeth? And also he has a few little spots between his eyes my female nic has them as well - they are not hollow though and have been there since I got her last christmas when she was about an inche - what are they?

How big and old is the nic as well?

Wills

tbh i have no idea why they have red teeth or what the spots are? He's five maybe six years old now and about 8.5" total length

The snakehead is a Channa Bankanensis

Fantastic pics, I adore that one of the clowns "kissing" the gold sev, thats gotto go in the calander! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back