Pics of my Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi all. Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my fish tanks.

First, is my 200ltr, which I posted on my Intro thread. I've added another piece of driftwood since then, but it's otherwise exactly the same.

South American Tank (with a wayward Java Fern plant).
Tank Inhabitants:.
19 Neon Tetra,
2 Electric Blue Rams
1 BN Plec
View attachment 100778

In terms of decor, there are 5, pieces of driftwood, 2 coconut halves, and the leaf litter. Filter is a Fluval 305 canister.

120ltr South East Asian tank
Tank Inhabitants
13 Glowlight Rasboras
1 Pearl Gourami
View attachment 100782

Decor consists of the 3 pieces of driftwood atm, and some vallis, but this tank is destined for a makeover. I have some Indian almond leaves soaking in a bucket in the bathroom, which will be shared between both tanks once they sink. I also plan to get some more Java Fern and maybe some moss.
Filter is a Hidom internal.
Love the driftwood!

You raised an issue which several members found confusing, and we've sorted it out. As a new member you will come to discover that when you post on this forum, there are a number of us who care passionately for fish, and want all aquarists to have success. This leads us to point out issues or problems when we see them--because we care. Other members read threads, and those who are new aquarists may take away misunderstanding or misconceptions about this or that, and for the benefit of all of us it is important and helpful to make observations and have informed discussions. :drinks:

I've been a member of various forums for years - a moderator of 1, I know how they work. I've tried rationalising that the comments in this thread were about mutual learning and growth, but it's hard not to take it personally when it's about how I choose to decorate my tanks.

The 2nd link was a school experiment done by 10-12 year olds. They filled 3 jars with water, added pH test drops and blew into them to increase carbon dioxide as far as it would go. One of the jars was sealed (control). The other 2 received strands of cabomba. One of those was then wrapped in paper or foil, the other left as it was. All three jars were placed on a window sill or under a light source and left for anywhere between 1 and 24 hours, when the colour of the water was checked again. The jar with the cabomba that was allowed to photosynthesise returned to basic. The one that was wrapped in foil or black paper remained acidic. Interestingly, the control turned even more acidic.:dunno:

Try this link;

The link in the box underneath Go To is the one I was trying to link to on P1.

You said there are diurnal fluctuations in pH. I went one step further and pointed out why.

I made no comment about how you decorate your tank. I think both essjay and Munroco understood your initial comment on plants/pH the same as I took it, and I pointed out that aside from the diurnal fluctuation I, like both of them, was not aware of this occurring. We seem to be agreeing on that now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back