Pics Of My New Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shrimper

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Last weekend I got some Lampeyes to keep in my community tank.. they seem to have settled in well.

I think they are Norman's Lampeyes but they all look the same to me :lol:

lampeye3.jpg

lampeye1.jpg

lampeye2.jpg

lampeyes4.jpg

They're from the Maidenhead Aquatics near Hinckley, first time i've got fish from there.

Yeah i know-i went there for the 1st time 3 weeks ago. I didnt see them there at the time.

Thanks for the comments...

TylerFerretLord - I'm feeding them the same food as my Harlequins... Its a dried food called Micro Pellets, very tiny particles, about the same size as grains of sugar. The Hikari Microwafers I also feed the harle's seem too big for them as they spit them back out. They quite like picking at the Crab cuisine i've been feeding the shrimp too. The shrimp aren't impressed :lol:

Tropicman - The fish with them are Black Harlequin Rasbora. I have posted some better pics of them in another post. There is also a blured male cherry shrimp swimming past in the third picture.

Are you sure they are lampeyes? They look much bulkier and a different shape than mine. They look more like ricefish.

Quick update, I'm certain they aren't goodieds as they aren't livebarers. I saw them lay some eggs a few weeks ago and spotted my first baby at the weekend. I'm guessing most of them got eaten by the harlequins as I can only see 1 baby.

Exactly, blue eyed java rice fish.
They breed very easily in an aquarium, females have a smaller anal fin and is never tattered, males is larger and often tattered/split from fighting. Females will hang the eggs from herself until the male fertilises them, then drape them on some plants.
Mez

The shape of the fish in the picture of Oryzias javanicus on fishbase made me think they aren't ricefish but your probably right.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back