Pickles and cold pizza

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Okay everyone so I am bored and decided to post a poll. Cold pizza: yes or no? I say yes. Pickles: yes or no? I say yes but some of friends despise pickles. What say you?
Please explain your reasons if you have reasons

At the kids ballpark they freeze the pickle juice and sell pickle pops. The kids go crazy over them!

Okay everyone so I am bored and decided to post a poll. Cold pizza: yes or no? I say yes. Pickles: yes or no? I say yes but some of friends despise pickles. What say you?
Please explain your reasons if you have reasons
Pickles: Yes, I love them. So tangy and yet satisfying!

Pizza: Warm pizza. Cold pizza is nasty IMO. :lol:

Cold pizza Is nasty! But I havent been able to eat pizza for years, I am severely lactose intolerant (and somehow allergic to tomatoes.)
but at the end of the pickle jar I have been known to drink the juice!

Cold pizza Is nasty! But I havent been able to eat pizza for years, I am severely lactose intolerant (and somehow allergic to tomatoes.)
I drink the juice too, just a little bit at a time. It's super healthy for you and tastes better than plain vinegar

Do you have issues with tomatoes from shops or tomatoes you grow at home?
The tomatoes sold in shops have sulpha on them and this can cause allergic reactions to some people. Grapes also have sulpha to help preserve them so they last longer.

Dried apricots and most dried fruit also have sulpha to preserve them.

I can't eat tomatoes or grapes from a shop, but I can eat the ones I grow at home.

--------------------
I can't eat pizza these days but I used to eat it hot or cold. In hot weather, cold pizza was nice and refreshing, like a cheese and tomatoe sandwich. In cold weather, a hot pizza with melted cheese, ham, pineapple, capsicum and extra tomatoe was nice.

Pickles/ gherkins are available in sweet and sour varieties. I grew up with sour gherkins cut thinly and put on ham sandwiches. I don't care for sweet gherkins, it's just not right.

The tomatoes sold in shops have sulpha on them and this can cause allergic reactions to some people. Grapes also have sulpha to help preserve them so they last longer.

I can't eat tomatoes or grapes from a shop, but I can eat the ones I grow at home.

--------------------
I can't eat pizza these days but I used to eat it hot or cold. In hot weather, cold pizza was nice and refreshing, like a cheese and tomatoe sandwich. In cold weather, a hot pizza with melted cheese, ham, pineapple, capsicum and extra tomatoe was nice.

Pickles/ gherkins are available in sweet and sour varieties. I grew up with sour gherkins cut thinly and put on ham sandwiches. I don't care for sweet gherkins, it's just not right.
I haven’t tried my homegrown tomatoes ( I don’t care for raw tomatoes), I do grow hundreds a year for my chickens, so I will have to make some salsa with them this year!

--------------------

I have the same thing with store bought tomatoes. It makes my mouth get all raw, homegrown ones are great though! I am also allergic to chocolate and spinach and raspberries (those three are deadly allergies) as well as casein (the protein in milk) and wheat/barley/rye and corn and apples and citrus and pork and salmon (but not trout, go figure) which are all pretty mild

--------------------

Do you have a link? I cant find any info about sulpha on tomatoes.

No I don't have a link but it's common practice for growers to dust tomatoes, grapes and apricots with sulpha to help them last longer. Most green grocers know about it but nobody ever tells you.

-------------------
I have the same thing with store bought tomatoes. It makes my mouth get all raw, homegrown ones are great though! I am also allergic to chocolate and spinach and raspberries (those three are deadly allergies) as well as casein (the protein in milk) and wheat/barley/rye and corn and apples and citrus and pork and salmon (but not trout, go figure) which are all pretty mild
Have you been on anti-biotics during your life?
If yes, how long for and how many different types of anti-biotic?
Have you ever been involved in a major accident or suffered a severe injury or traumatic experience?

Major traumatic experiences and anti-biotics have been linked to food allergies and intolerances. My dairy intolerance started after I was hit by a car. It was exacerbated by being put on anti-biotics for a month. The anti-biotics did nothing to fix the problem they were meant to be treating.

My wheat and gluten intolerance started after I inhaled toxic dust and was put on another dose of anti-biotics, which did nothing to fix the breathing problems I went to the doctor for.

And my complete food intolerance (except meat and fat) started after I was put on anti-biotics for a third time, and again they didn't do anything to fix the problem I went to the doctor for.

Each time I ended up on anti-biotics for a month and the doctors put me on several different types because the first type didn't work. I have a genetic predisposition towards wheat and dairy intolerance, which was activated by the accident and then exacerbated by the anti-biotics.

--------------
re: wheat, barley and rye all have gluten in so you are probably a coeliac.
It's unusual to have an allergy to corn, however, I was unable to tolerate any grains (including corn and rice) for a couple of years after the last lot of anti-biotics. I have since been able to add corn and rice back into my diet but it took a few years of trying small amounts and taking heaps of probiotics (know idea if they actually helped).

Some people have issues with citrus due to the acids, and apples are sometimes an issue for some people. People with these types of fruit allergies are usually able to tolerate stone fruit like peaches, plums and nectarines. Try to grow your own or buy organic because some places spray the fruit and you react to the stuff being sprayed on them, not the actual fruit.

Pork and salmon but not trout, is interesting. Do you have an issue with pork meat that is just a cut of meat like a roast pork or pork chops, or do you have an issue with bacon and ham?
Bacon and ham have nitrites in and this is a preservative that a lot of people have trouble with. Nitrites have also been linked to various intestinal cancers.

re: Salmon. Do you know if they are from fresh or saltwater?
Very few people are allergic or intolerant of fish. To be intolerant of salmon but not trout is weird. It's possible the salmon are eating something that you are reacting to and the trout don't eat the same things. The salmon might be eating a lot of shellfish or crustaceans (prawns, crabs) and you are allergic to this not the actual fish.

No I don't have a link but it's common practice for growers to dust tomatoes, grapes and apricots with sulpha to help them last longer. Most green grocers know about it but nobody ever tells you.

-------------------

Have you been on anti-biotics during your life?
If yes, how long for and how many different types of anti-biotic?
Have you ever been involved in a major accident or suffered a severe injury or traumatic experience?

Major traumatic experiences and anti-biotics have been linked to food allergies and intolerances. My dairy intolerance started after I was hit by a car. It was exacerbated by being put on anti-biotics for a month. The anti-biotics did nothing to fix the problem they were meant to be treating.

My wheat and gluten intolerance started after I inhaled toxic dust and was put on another dose of anti-biotics, which did nothing to fix the breathing problems I went to the doctor for.

And my complete food intolerance (except meat and fat) started after I was put on anti-biotics for a third time, and again they didn't do anything to fix the problem I went to the doctor for.

Each time I ended up on anti-biotics for a month and the doctors put me on several different types because the first type didn't work. I have a genetic predisposition towards wheat and dairy intolerance, which was activated by the accident and then exacerbated by the anti-biotics.

--------------
re: wheat, barley and rye all have gluten in so you are probably a coeliac.
It's unusual to have an allergy to corn, however, I was unable to tolerate any grains (including corn and rice) for a couple of years after the last lot of anti-biotics. I have since been able to add corn and rice back into my diet but it took a few years of trying small amounts and taking heaps of probiotics (know idea if they actually helped).

Some people have issues with citrus due to the acids, and apples are sometimes an issue for some people. People with these types of fruit allergies are usually able to tolerate stone fruit like peaches, plums and nectarines. Try to grow your own or buy organic because some places spray the fruit and you react to the stuff being sprayed on them, not the actual fruit.

Pork and salmon but not trout, is interesting. Do you have an issue with pork meat that is just a cut of meat like a roast pork or pork chops, or do you have an issue with bacon and ham?
Bacon and ham have nitrites in and this is a preservative that a lot of people have trouble with. Nitrites have also been linked to various intestinal cancers.

re: Salmon. Do you know if they are from fresh or saltwater?
Very few people are allergic or intolerant of fish. To be intolerant of salmon but not trout is weird. It's possible the salmon are eating something that you are reacting to and the trout don't eat the same things. The salmon might be eating a lot of shellfish or crustaceans (prawns, crabs) and you are allergic to this not the actual fish.
I dont think I have ever been on antibiotics. The only serious injury was falling off of a horse when I was 9, and even that wasn't more than a concussion. My allergies have been since I was 5, and the deadly ones started out mild but got progressively worse. Yes I react to all pork. I have been tested for celiac but they said I wasn't. There was more seafood too but I didnt mention it because it was so mild and my family practically never eats it, lobster and crab. As well as coffee, but that is not a seafood lol

I dont think I have ever been on antibiotics. The only serious injury was falling off of a horse when I was 9, and even that wasn't more than a concussion. My allergies have been since I was 5, and the deadly ones started out mild but got progressively worse. Yes I react to all pork. I have been tested for celiac but they said I wasn't. There was more seafood too but I didnt mention it because it was so mild and my family practically never eats it, lobster and crab. As well as coffee, but that is not a seafood lol
I did have a medical mystery 2 summers ago, I went to summer camp and halfway through i started forgetting things and being super thirsty, I was so thirsty that I was drinking so much I couldnt eat because I was so full of water. After camp I came home and went to the hospital and they couldnt figure it out. I was so fatigued it was too much effort to blink or clear my throat. All of my tests came back good and we still haven't figured it out. I started forgetting words and replacing them with the word "nose" in a sentence. That was the year that my spinach allergy got deadly and my super mild chocolate one got rapidly more deadly. I do not remember those two weeks of my life at all. My nana came to visit from new Zealand and I dont remember her coming. My memory has been really terrible since then and it used to be exceptional

I have been tested for celiac but they said I wasn't.
Same with me. They did all the tests and said you are not allergic to wheat, gluten or any sort of grain or proteins in grain. However, they couldn't explain why I bloated up and had the runs any time I ate grains, in particularly wheat. When I dropped the grains from my diet I had no problems. As soon as I had a slice of bread, it was off to the dunny.

It turns out there are about 9 different proteins in wheat, and gluten is one of them. The gluten test does not pick up the other types of protein and this is where the problem occurs. Doctors say you don't have coeliacs, but you do react to wheat and gluten products.

The problem with grain intolerance has become noticeably worse over the last 30-40 years with farmers growing the same strain of wheat to get maximum yield. Prior to this, farmers grew a variety of different wheat crops and some had little or not gluten, and others had higher levels of gluten. It averaged out and we had reasonably low levels of gluten in the grain (1-2% gluten).

Through selective breeding of grains like wheat, farmers have increased the amount of gluten the plants produce, and virtually all the wheat grown is exactly the same strain with the same gluten levels. Current wheat crops have between 3% and 4% gluten. This doesn't sound like much but it is a huge jump in a short space of time and something a lot of people can't tolerate.

We aren't meant to get lots of protein from plants, we're meant to get it from meat. When plants have a sudden increase in proteins or other chemicals, and it happens in less than a lifetime, people have trouble adjusting to it.

We evolved to eat a wide range of wheat with a low average level of gluten over tens of thousands of years. Now farmers have suddenly increased the gluten and protein levels in less than one generation and people are starting to feel the effects of it.

We also never ate as many wheat products until now. Years ago we might have a couple of slices of bread each day. Now some people have half a loaf of bread each day, and they have other sources of wheat too. Wheat is used as a filler and binding agent and can be found in all sorts of products including cereals, chocolate, icecream and even meat products. It is even used to make cornflour, which apparently is not against Australian laws in regards to false or misleading advertising. Cornflour, made from wheat. Totally acceptable in Australia.

Your medical mystery that started at camp sounds like you got bitten by something and had a virus or protozoan infection from that.

Chronic fatigue is often related to mosquitoe born viruses.
Excessive thirst can be diabetes, kidney problems, a fever or an infection.

A lot of these things don't get picked up by normal tests and you have to specify mosquitoe born virus for a test to be done on that. In addition, a lot of viruses and protozoan infections are still unidentified so even if they do test for mozzie bites, they might not know what it is because it's new to science.

Giving birth can trigger allergies so a major incident like your camp issue could have triggered some of your allergies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back