Picked up a festivum the other day!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

SAChichlidLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought Iā€™d show you my new male festivum that I got, Originally I didnā€™t want to get a single fish of this species as they thrive best in groups but he was pretty beaten up by the larger festive cichlids in the store so I thought Iā€™d take him on and hopefully grow him out to go into a larger setup but again plans might change depending on how big he gets and how well he does in the 80. Been wanting one of these for a while however I never really researched these guys as I was too preoccupied wondering how to make peace in my ever war zone cichlid community at the time but now just seemed perfect I mean I like them haha, my male is the most peaceful fish in this community and seems to be the most unnoticed cichlids in the tank to say the least, Constantly going from all levels of the tank as @Wills said he would in a post talking about them. Went for the original variety as the rarer morphs were pretty hard to find anywhere :)

Attachments

• FA83A8BC-8D2B-48F3-A67C-97BDEEEEED57.jpeg
    FA83A8BC-8D2B-48F3-A67C-97BDEEEEED57.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 58
  • CB07A841-A5F2-4237-894C-2F65126150D3.jpeg
    CB07A841-A5F2-4237-894C-2F65126150D3.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 55
I know right! Really reminds me of a chocolate gourami at this size, acts like a gourami too apart from the fact it likes to snipe some of the condensated water off the lid thinking itā€™s bugs lol
Yeah, "snipe" is definitely not a word I'd use in relation to gourami. Mine just float around aimlessly, and only get the slightest bit animated when they're about to be fed. Strange little things.

Man surely you are going to run out of room for all these cichlids soon! What is this one in with?

Wills
MTS has probably burned my trousers nevermind just a hole in my pocket haha! Got him in my original cichlid tank at the moment but I plan on moving him out into a either a 50 gal with the fire mouths when itā€™s all ready or the plywood tank when heā€™s got decent size cant wait to share the planned tanks journeys! :)

Yeah, "snipe" is definitely not a word I'd use in relation to gourami. Mine just float around aimlessly, and only get the slightest bit animated when they're about to be fed. Strange little things.
Haha neither here, I think this is probably the cichlid clone of a gourami lol as he acts exactly like one apart from him being more than a bit greedy and the fact he acts like an angelfish haha

Haha neither here, I think this is probably the cichlid clone of a gourami lol as he acts exactly like one apart from him being more than a bit greedy and the fact he acts like an angelfish haha
Thinking about it, angelfish and gourami are pretty similar. Both are greedy, with long feeler things, very floaty and just a little bit odd.

Thinking about it, angelfish and gourami are pretty similar. Both are greedy, with long feeler things, very floaty and just a little bit odd.
Yeah they are which I guess is why some people mix them.. Mixing them just isn't for me really, as possible as it is I'd prefer to do an all gourami tank rather than mix them with any sort of cichlid as they both just dont tend to get on well with exceptions of course :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back