Photos to frighten your partners with - Gary's fishroom.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GaryE

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
It's raining hard and I figure it may be the day to put some fishroom photos up. They will scare significant others who do not keep fish, so beware of where you are when you look at my fishroom.
I'm an oldish retired guy with time to play. I don't hunt, golf, watch TV or smoke weed. This is what I enjoy doing!

Attachments

• one (640x427).jpg
    one (640x427).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 93
  • two (640x427).jpg
    two (640x427).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 87
  • three (640x427).jpg
    three (640x427).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 91
All the fish tanks look great... The room just seems... Tight 😅

The tight look is partly the camera angles. The open floor when you enter narrows to 5 feet at the work/computer table, but the open floor is 8 feet wide after that.

But yeah, it is a touch shoehorned as far as tanks go.

I wanted open floor as the room is like a tank - it'll be a year before the emersed plants grow in properly, and with the 3 windows, it will be a good space to check in on the forum from. It's set up to make water changes easy - two one hour blocks a week.
I'll need to start prepping for winter within the next month, and how the room operates in the cold weather will tell me a lot.

Decades ago,I had an uncle electrician install multiple outlets. I never hear hobby guys say they had an electrician do the same thing. Or,do they load up on the strip and extension cords? :fish:
'Cause I know the wiring mess it takes and water and electricity...does not feel good when it runs up your arm!

Decades ago,I had an uncle electrician install multiple outlets. I never hear hobby guys say they had an electrician do the same thing. Or,do they load up on the strip and extension cords? :fish:
'Cause I know the wiring mess it takes and water and electricity...does not feel good when it runs up your arm!
My father in law was an electrician, and he wired my first fishroom. My second one was done by me, and a friend who had 'handyman renovator' skills and a lot of experience with fish.

For this one, I had it wired by pros.

I live in a small city now, and thought it was funny that both the reno guys and the electrician were very familiar with building fishrooms, and had a discussion about my plans versus one they had just done in a basement for a Cichlid keeper. The plumber we needed because the previous owner had screwed the plumbing up in ways we couldn't figure out had only worked on his own fishroom, which he had since closed down. There seem to be more people keeping multiple tanks than you might expect.

Quick question. How much feeder tubing runs your central air ? By that I mean the PVC that individual airlines run out from. You got plenty of pressure ? And , also , how long of an individual airline can you run off the main tube ? Could one go , say , 10 feet ?

I have 3/4 cpvc pipes running all around the ceiling in a rectangular loop, with air valves drilled in (very cheap on amazon, as much as I hate using that source). I have two Jehmco linear piston pumps. One is 18 years old They were my big equipment expense, but they kick air and last for a very long time. I thought one would do (a brand new LPH 60), but I got ambitious with a bunch of empty tanks I decided to bring online, and wanted more oomph. I added in my old lph 45. I have air to spare.
I run airline to each air filtered tank - pretty well every one. The longest airline I have is about 9 feet long, but most are 5 footers, extending down into the tanks.
I use sponges, which are a pain because they clog, plastic box filters with biomedia and homemade V-8 juice bottle contraptions I put together for the fun of it and liked.
This room is a bubbling, under the sounds of good music.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back