FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Took some photos last night of my peppered cories. I got 8 of them, so not photos of each of them, but still, theyre cute.

received_228179138260430.jpeg
received_680700562704392.jpeg
received_215309186390654.jpeg
received_211955460030458.jpeg
received_235256960998305.jpeg

Is pic #2 an albino?
Yes, i have 2 albino peppers. In another tank i got 2 albino bronze with my bronze shoal too.

Funny watching the petstore worker chase after the "different" albino cory!
Spotting the albino peppers in the albino bronze tank at the store is amusing to me

Yes, i have 2 albino peppers. In another tank i got 2 albino bronze with my bronze shoal too.

Spotting the albino peppers in the albino bronze tank at the store is amusing to me
I have NEVER seen albino peleatus at any fish store, much less mixed in with the albino aeneus.

Are they really that abnormal to find??

Some other photos off my phone of my two albino paleatus
20200321_215627.jpg
20200317_142206.jpg
20200317_142102.jpg

I have NEVER seen albino peleatus at any fish store, much less mixed in with the albino aeneus.
Check your local petsmart close. Thats where i found mine.

To compare both side by side
IMG_20200317_151019albinos.jpg

The albino is impressive - all of them so well behaved and comfortable with the camera. I once had 3 peppered Cory's (one left) but they slept in a stack on top of each other. Don't know why - they had plenty of room but it was too funny to see. Great little fish.
Cories like to cramp in on one another. I keep many species and they all do it.

They like to be close, I have seen that too
Agreed!

I used to have albino cories. Most of the shoal died off over time and the remaining one ate 5 of my neons and then died

Thats interesting. I didn't know you could tell the difference (I have never owned albino corries so haven't looked). How do you tell, body shape?

Thats interesting. I didn't know you could tell the difference (I have never owned albino corries so haven't looked). How do you tell, body shape?
Body is more slender, and fin shape is different.

Body shape is one key. Peppers tend to have longer bodies and longer faces, as well as taller sharper pointed fins compared to bronze.

In good light you can see the markings on them are different too. Bronze have a bright shine where the dark smudge would be on a normal coloured one. Peppers have broken shiny spots, where the dark spots would be on a normal pepper.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back