Photography.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Graeme Edwards

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So these next pictures are one week after planting.

I wanted to show you all how fiddling with the white balance settings can change the look of your scape.

All the pictures where taken on the same exposure..........apature f13 shutter speed 0.6 of a second. ISO 100, meter reading was segmented.
Cannon 350D.
The tube over the tank is a TriPlus by interpet, these are known to be steely blue/purple, but playing with the white balance can change this.
If i were to use a different tube the results may be a little different.
Forgive the sloppy cropping, not up to my usual standard but you get the picture. :rolleyes:

Auto White Balance.

CLOUDY

DAYLIGHT

FLASH( ONLY ON THE SETTINGS NOT ACTUALLY USING THE FLASH ITS SELF)

SHADE

TUNGSTEN

FLORESCENT

So there you have it, interesting ahy?

As i say the picture are abit sloppy but the say what i want them too.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Very interesting. Thanks Graeme.
I too have been experimenting with my camera (Olympus E500 DSLR). Ive found that the best white balance settings for me are DAYLIGHT and FLORESCENT. Your camera's AUTO is very good though. :)

Nice shots. 'Scape's coming along nice too...

I like to experiment with the manual WB setting by using off-white shades for calibration. With my current tubes though - Zoo Med Ultra Sun 6500K (CRI 98) and Arcadia FW 7500K adjustment isn't necessary as the rendition is spot on for my taste.

I can see why adjusting is necessary with a Triplus though... ;)

this was the very first project I did at college in photography, understanding settings and balances, ill try and find my sketch book at post it up because there was loads of really good tips on getting better pictures and/or effects which could be useful or fun to try out.

this was the very first project I did at college in photography, understanding settings and balances, ill try and find my sketch book at post it up because there was loads of really good tips on getting better pictures and/or effects which could be useful or fun to try out.

Thats a great idea, it would help alot of people take better photos of their prized tanks.

For me and many other aquascapers, the photography of your design is as equally important as the design its self. Amungst the aim of a beautiful display, an awe inspiring picture, we also have the joy of the science behind our living art and the beauty of it always changing and evolving. This is what draws me to this hobby, so diverse in its skills and never stangnet in its flow.

I love it. 8)

Cheers,
Graeme.

I too have been experimenting with my camera (Olympus E500 DSLR). Ive found that the best white balance settings for me are DAYLIGHT and FLORESCENT. Your camera's AUTO is very good though. :)
I have the same camera, and I highly recommend playing around with the Manual Mode. Just spending a little extra time testing out the shots (use a remote or a 2 second delay) will give you some of the best shots ever.

Martin :good:

I have the same camera, and I highly recommend playing around with the Manual Mode. Just spending a little extra time testing out the shots (use a remote or a 2 second delay) will give you some of the best shots ever.

Martin :good:

I couldn't AGREE more! . Don't just put the camera in auto , full manual have a play around with it , I myself am a keen photgrapher (its my other hobby ) although camera lenes is alot more $ $$$$ seriously .. haha . I suggest have a fiddle around with the settings SLR are the way to go ! :good: depending on the environment keep the room all dark have about ISO 800, with a 1-2 sec delay. ..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back