Phone battery not charging

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
well from what I see it's a zte phone without wifi or fast charging
it's about 3 years old regardless of how long you had it as stores will try to sell out their older stuff if they can
even at 3 years old it should hold at least a 94% charge
now...when you remove the battery is it perfectly flat or does it look expanded?
your pins are working if it's charging and it's a slow charging phone (as in 6/7 hours)
I'm guessing you're trying to use it while it's charging which it's a no no...
that phone won't charge faster than you can use it
it can support 12h of talking time with the screen off on 3g and about 8h on LTE
and it's sold for about 120 bucks which is at the trash level of smart phones
if you're looking for a smart phone on the lower budget side I suggest taking a look a xiaomi phones as they're great value for pricing

redmi note 11 5G
is a relatively cheap phone around $200-250 with 8gb ram / 128/256gb storage using the latest ufs2 FS
with a 50mb resolution camera and a 16mb for that selfie with the tank :p
the battery is 5k mah which is almost double the capacity you have on yours
it supports fast charging which I'm sure is something you'd appreciate (using it while it charges)
also it's worth mentioning that xiaomi sells older phones at a higher price in australia
as it can be seen on their website:
which also lists them ALL as sold out
it's cheaper and more worth for you to get the note 11 at let's say 250 and pay for the extra shipping for australia than buying an older one like the note 8 at $379 inside Australia
You have just gone right over @Colin_T head and now he is really confused :rofl: :rofl:

Can't find anyone with a battery for it in WA. Replacement batteries range from $22-35.00.

It didn't come with a wall charger and I'm not buying one specifically to charge a phone that can be, or used to be charged on the laptop.

I normally charge it up on my laptop overnight and it used to charge fully overnight. Now it isn't charging at all even tho the battery icon says it is. I turn the phone off and plug it into the laptop usb port. It used to charge up fully within 4-6 hours. Now it is less than 20% charge and dropping each day, even tho it's still plugged into a usb socket.

The battery is completely flat and has not swollen up.
It hasn't been exposed to excessive heat or cold.

Can't find anyone with a battery for it in WA. Replacement batteries range from $22-35.00.

It didn't come with a wall charger and I'm not buying one specifically to charge a phone that can be, or used to be charged on the laptop.

I normally charge it up on my laptop overnight and it used to charge fully overnight. Now it isn't charging at all even tho the battery icon says it is. I turn the phone off and plug it into the laptop usb port. It used to charge up fully within 4-6 hours. Now it is less than 20% charge and dropping each day, even tho it's still plugged into a usb socket.

The battery is completely flat and has not swollen up.
It hasn't been exposed to excessive heat or cold.
Bugger, I don't have an answer, sorry

You have just gone right over @Colin_T head and now he is really confused :rofl: :rofl:
oks I can dumb it down...
let's say phones are fish tanks xDDD

his "fish tank" aka phone
can hold 16 gallons (storage capacity)....
rotate the water at 19 gph (cpu power)
last up to 2.6 days without a water change (battery capacity)
takes 7hours to do a water change (charging)

the "fish tank" I mentioned aka redmi note 11
can hold 256 gallons (storage capacity)....
rotate the water at at 43 gph (cpu power)
last up to 5 days without a water change (battery capacity)
takes 1 hour for a water change (charging)

PS: is still worth mentioning that ALL redmi phones in ALL australia are sold out as xiaomi has nothing to sell, they're all listed sold out. He'd have to get it online somewhere

oks I can dumb it down...
let's say phones are fish tanks xDDD

his "fish tank" aka phone
can hold 16 gallons (storage capacity)....
rotate the water at 19 gph (cpu power)
last up to 2.6 days without a water change (battery capacity)
takes 7hours to do a water change (charging)

the "fish tank" I mentioned aka redmi note 11
can hold 256 gallons (storage capacity)....
rotate the water at at 43 gph (cpu power)
last up to 5 days without a water change (battery capacity)
takes 1 hour for a water change (charging)

PS: is still worth mentioning that ALL redmi phones in ALL australia are sold out as xiaomi has nothing to sell, they're all listed sold out. He'd have to get it online somewhere
Now he will understand that perfectly

Of course it might be that the USB charging cable is knackered. They don't last very long even when taken good care of and it only needs a broken connection inside to totally ruin it.

My phone has gone through 3 USB cables in 3 years.....mainly due to my lack of care when putting them away after recharging admittedly (kinked up in the drawer didn't help along with the knots that the bloody fairies tie into everything when you're not looking)

It might not be the phone....it might be a knackered recharge lead (and they are way easier and cheaper to replace than a phone or battery)

I don't think it's the battery or the phone...
he's trying to use the phone while it charges and the phone isn't "modern" as some would say as it doesn't support wireless or fast charging and holds a small 2600 mHa battery
sure a wall charger will provide more juice when charging...so will a usb3 blue fast port on a computer
the phone is crappy and meant to be charged and used for phone calls only and very minimal screen usage as even a simple duck game or whatever will drain that thing easy in 2 hours
rooted phones do have longer lasting lifespans as kernels are customized for things android/google doesn't provide because of copyright but which are fully supported by any *nix system
such as screenoff userspace SOUND apps being prioritized while everything else goes into sleep mode (a feature used on iphones) that reduces battery usage on phones being used as "mp3 players"
or sleep mode after X seconds of screen being off reducing cpu to minimum values set in settings (an xda member feature passed on to the "Kernel Adiutor" app)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back